Monday, August 15, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 15, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

The house purchase is going okay. I think they are ready to put the "Pending" sign on the For Sale sign. It seems like I am talking to bankers, insurance agents, and realtors a couple of times a day.

I have a friend visiting for the weekend and we are playing computer games, watching the Olympics, and watching the final season of Bitten. We are also going out to eat and maybe doing some tourist things. 

Because of all this stuff, I haven't had much time to read. I have been reading the same book since Wednesday and am not even half way.

Read Last Week
The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst was a great beginning to a fantasy series. After finishing the eARC, I ordered a Kindle copy as a Keeper. My review will be posted on September 15.

Front Runner by Felix Francis was another great mystery taking place in the world of horse racing. My review will be posted on October 15.

Currently
I will be reading Enemy Games by Marcella Burnard next. This one is a paranormal romance/science fiction story from my TBR mountain.

Next Week

My next week is filled with books from my Review stack:
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
New Review Books:
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

18 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great weekend! I hope you had a wonderful visit and you catch up on some reading this week, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Safe Hands looks good. I have it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Felix as good as Dick? My hubby was a great fan of Dick's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Felix as good as Dick? My hubby was a great fan of Dick's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like your house purchase is advancing well!

    I have added Stalking Ground and Body on the Bayou to my TBR - I can't get enough mystery this year. My first book of the year was an Agatha Christie, I feel like that really set a tone. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fingers crossed for the home sale to go through smoothly! And I think it's okay if you set reading aside while you work on the other things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your books! The waiting game of escrow can be daunting...but also exhilarating. Hope everything goes well, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun weekend, and the books look good, too. Hope everything works out with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh nice! I'm behind on my Kelley Armstrong novellas! I have like 2 compilations to read I think and the next one is coming out soon too! AND I still need to read Betrayals! Eek gads I feel behind! LOL! Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an exciting week for you between the house sale and your friend's visit! I'm glad to see you enjoyed "The Queen of Blood." I added that to my to-read list after seeing it on your blog last time. Something about that cover just keeps catching my attention -- my eyes went right to it again before I even read the title!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great mix of books you will be reading soon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seems like many of us haven't had much reading time. I love the look of your book list. Enjoy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Most of these books are new to me. I love that your taste is eclectic, and I always find something here that appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopefully the paperwork won't get to crazy! It seemed like my kids had to submit the same stuff over three times! Have a nice visit with your friend. Hope this week is full of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many good books you've read and have to look forward to! I'm glad you're getting all the paperwork and phone calls accomplished for the house, but it is so annoying (we've bought 4 homes and a condo in our married life!!)

    Have a great week ahead and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a wonderful visit with your friend.
    Front Runner sounds good and Enemy Games really caught my interest.
    On the house buying front the calls and paperwork must get done but you will hopefully be very happy when you get to move in!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes real life gets in the way of our reading life, doesn't it? Happens to me all the time with 8 grandchildren but I wouldn't have it any other way. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!