Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: The Widower's Wife by Cate Holahan

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
Without warning, my right leg seized. Lights exploded in my vision as my calf contracted with labor-like pain.
This week I am reading The Widower's Wife by Cate Holahan from my review stack. Here is the description from Amazon:
Ana Bacon, a young housewife, tumbles off a cruise ship into the dark and deadly waters, but did she take her secrets with her?

Investigator Ryan Monahan is a numbers man. So when his company sends him the Bacon case, which could net a ten million dollar payout, Monahan doubts that her death is just a tragic accident. But the husband has a substantial alibi and a number of witnesses claim to have seen Ana fall. So the official ruling seems to be substantiated.

Still, the more Monahan uncovers about Ana’s life, the more he realizes how many people would kill to keep her secrets hidden. And the closer he gets to the truth, the greater the odds grow that he, too, will take a fatal fall.

Cate Holahan looks at the dark underbelly of a marriage from the perspectives of the detective and the victim in her tense and enthralling page-turner, The Widower's Wife.

9 comments:

  1. I have been cruising before and never fell into a mystery, but I wouldn't mind falling into this one. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good one! Chilling!
    Here's my Teaser: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2016/08/teaser-tuesdayfirst-chapter-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god! That's scary! Especially in the ocean?! Eek!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the story is presented. Would definitely keep reading it.

    My TT from Mummy's Little Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like it really hurts! This sounds really good, Kathy. I hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! That sounds like a terrible Charley horse! I think I'd enjoy this book a lot.
    My Tuesday post features BLUEBONNET SPRING

    ReplyDelete
  7. This definitely sounds like a book I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, this sounds good! I'm a sucker for mysteries like this!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!