Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich and Phoef Sutton

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"I have a contact within the Internet," Emerson said. "And the ability to focus my mind with laserlike precision on any subject."

Riley thought the laserlike focusing was in the ballpark of the mind-clouding disappearing act. A little out there, but what the heck did she know?
This week I am featuring Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich and Phoef Sutton. I won this review copy from LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program. It begins a new series for Evanovich. Here is the description from Amazon:
Emerson Knight is introverted, eccentric, and has little to no sense of social etiquette. Good thing he’s also brilliant, rich, and (some people might say) handsome, or he’d probably be homeless. Riley Moon has just graduated from Harvard Business and Harvard Law. Her aggressive Texas spitfire attitude has helped her land her dream job as a junior analyst with mega-bank Blane-Grunwald. At least Riley Moon thought it was her dream job, until she is given her first assignment: babysitting Emerson Knight.

What starts off as an inquiry about missing bank funds in the Knight account leads to inquiries about a missing man, missing gold, and a life-and-death race across the country. Through the streets of Washington, D.C., and down into the underground vault of the Federal Reserve in New York City, an evil plan is exposed. A plan so sinister that only a megalomaniac could think it up, and only the unlikely duo of the irrepressibly charming Emerson Knight and the tenacious Riley Moon can stop it.

9 comments:

  1. He sounds a bit odd. I always enjoy her books and haven't read this one, Yet:)

    My TT from The Madonna Of Notre Dame

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I hadn't heard of this one yet. Thanks for sharing it. I usually enjoy her books. And thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried her other series, but although I enjoyed elements of her writing, I couldn't bond with the protagonist. I'll give this one a go! Many thanks for sharing - and for swinging by my site earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. Sounds interesting
    Here's mine https://keeanareads.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/teaser-tuesday-august-16-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. I've been curious about this one...yes, I've had a "curious mind." So I do want to know more. Here's mine: “LEAVE ME”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice teaser! Totally new to me one but hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got tired of Evanovich's numbered series, but I might give this new one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so ashamed that I have yet to read anything by her! This sounds good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! I love it. It's been ages since I last read a Evanovich novel. I hope you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!