Monday, August 22, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 22, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

This has been another week of jumping through hoops to get a mortgage. Lots of phone calls and emails have been flying between my banker, my employer, my insurance agent, and me.

My friend went home last Monday after a nice visit. I spent the rest of the week watching the Olympics and playing lots of computer games.

Since I couldn't concentrate on reading, I also spent some time working on my blogs. I have set up posts for October on both of them. I have all the Teaser Tuesday and Book Beginning/Friday 56 posts finished and scheduled. I have lots of books to read but, at least, I know what book comes next on my reading plan. I expect this will save a lot of time this fall when school begins and I also need to be moving.

I just have one week of vacation left before I return home for a few days of workshops and then the start of school. I'm eager to meet all of our new staff. We have 13 new professional staff and still a number of paraprofessional positions to fill.

Read Last Week
I read Body on the Bayou by Ellen Byron which was a fun and funny cozy. It is the second book in a series and was an engaging story. My review will be posted on Sept. 22.

Stalking Ground by Margaet Mizushima is also the second book in a mystery series. I loved the Colorado setting and the relationship between Mattie and her police dog Robo. My review will be posted on September 17.

Enemy Games by Marcella Burnard has been on my TBR mountain since 2013. This was a science fiction romance and was a good story. I thought the depictions of the aliens were very nicely done. My review will be posted on September 24.

Currently
I am currently reading In Safe Hands by Katie Ruggle. This finishes a series and I can't wait until the mystery that began in book one is finally resolved.

Next Week
I have two books from my review stack for this week. Both are by authors I really enjoy.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
More for my review stack:
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

20 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your organization. I am frankly impressed with myself when I get my posts put together for the next week, never mind two months ahead of time!

    As the parent of a school age kid, I always find that last week or two a strange combination of trying to fit in lots of relaxing and trying to fit everything in that we didn't get to do during the summer. I hope you have a wonderful last week and a smooth transition back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy to see that you must be an excellent librarian! So well organized... I actually think I need a diary.... Maybe that will help me with scheduling. I am always in awe of you guys who manage to schedule post. I have no idea when I'll get there!! Thanks for visiting me earlier on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got my Calendar mostly set until the end of the year, but only have a few things written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the summer break flew by, didn't it? Sounds like you will be very busy, moving and starting the new school term. But you are very organized, and it looks good from here. Enjoy! Thanks for sharing your books, which look tempting. I like cozies...and other mysteries. I'm curious about Curious Minds.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer always seems to fly by fast! LOL! Nice reads too! So behind on my Kelley Armstrong books! Must fix that soon!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Katie Ruggle. Good books this week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your so organized. I try to be but fail :-) Enjoy what's left of your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was smart of you to get posts for this Fall ready so you won't have to worry when you are busy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you, I tried to go ahead and get some posts started during these last few weeks before school resumed.

    Good luck with your mortgage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, good for you for getting all those posts scheduled so far in advance! Charlaine Harris and Kelley Armstrong are both in my TBR mountain. I am trying to finish off a bunch of lingering series before starting the Sookie and Otherworld series. The Sight looks awesome! I have her Chicagoland Vampires on my TBR, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh, I feel your pain about the paperwork. We went through it with my daughter and now my son. Just finished Gone Too Deep and can't wait to get to In Safe Hands. Also got Curious Minds up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness for being so organized. I could never be, but if you can, go for it :)

    I think I would like the K-9 mystery series, but I should read book one first and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing all your good titles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's hard to believe that summer is almost over. Our schools start up this week. I am curious how you like Evanovich's books that she writes with other authors. I love her Stephanie Plum books but have never read her other ones. Anyway, have a good week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do so admire organization in others. Try to follow suit, not always successfully though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you're so organised! Hope all goes well with the mortgage.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh dear. I can't believe I've never read a Charlaine Harris (although I tried the first audio of Morganville a few times!) nor have I read a Kelley Armstrong and they're both on my TBR.

    I hope you have a great week.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Not Morganville! Sookie Stackhouse, what was I thinking?

      Delete
  17. Sounds like you had a busy week! I remember going through all that mortgage craziness just over three years ago -- and then a whole new round of paperwork when we sold our house before moving to Hawaii in April. No fun -- but what paperwork ever is?!

    I'll have to check out your review of the new Janet Evanovich book. I'm planning to read it, but I have no real expectations. I'll keep on reading the Stephanie Plum books til the end, but the only other series of hers I've enjoyed is the Wicked books (though they seem to have no consistency whatsoever as to being written/release dates, which is a bit frustrating).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kelley Armstrong and Charlaine Harris are really awesome authors, I hope you enjoy those books, since they're the only ones that I recognized off your list :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!