Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Thrill Kill by Brian Thiem

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
Johnson showed Sinclair a photo from his phone of Dawn hanging from the tree. "The editor wants to put this on the front page of tomorrow's paper."
This week my teaser comes from Thrill Kill by Brian Thiem. I got this review book from Crooked Lane Books. Here is the description from Amazon:
Cops in Oakland seldom meet people whose lives are going well. That's certainly the case when homicide sergeant Matt Sinclair recognizes the dead woman hanging from a tree as a teenage runaway named Dawn he arrested ten years before. And as Sinclair and his partner, Cathy Braddock, soon learn, many of Dawn’s clients, not to mention the local and federal officials, who protect them will go to any length to keep the police from digging too deep into her past.

Then the killer goes public, and Sinclair and Braddock must race to uncover the secrets Dawn was killed to protect before the killer unleashes a major attack on a scale the city has never seen before. But in the process, Sinclair runs into secrets from his own past--some of which could end his homicide career for good.

With Thrill Kill, the second novel in the Detective Matt Sinclair mystery series, Brian Thiem, a veteran of the Oakland Police Department and the Iraq war, has written a nuanced police procedural that could only be written by a trained detective with years of hard-earned experience.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like an intriguing book, hope you're enjoying the read :)

    Thanks for sharing, here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so innocent. I didn't originally read her as a body hanging from a tree, but a kid playing around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my kind of read. I love suspense. Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The setting and the details about the officers on the case definitely piqued my interest. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE COUPLE NEXT DOOR”

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be quite a graphic photo to put in the paper! This sounds really intriguing, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! The Press Complaints office would have a busy time of it... An interesting blurb though - are you enjoying the book? This is my TT - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/08/09/teaser-tuesday-9th-august-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek! That's creepy! Sounds like an intense mystery is about to happen!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good book. Hope you're enjoying it! The editor in the teaser sounds awful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that cover and sounds like a taut thriller. Leave it to a reporter to want to capitalize on someone's loved one. I like a book that gets me fired up. LOL
    My TT from Friend Of The Devil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy,

    From your recent excellent Goodreads rating and review, it looks as though you thoroughly enjoyed this book to the finish.

    It sounds as though there are some intriguing characters, to go along with the tense storyline and intense plot building - right up my street :)

    As the second book in the series, do you think this one works okay as a stand alone, or do I really need to read the first book, to get up to speed with the characters?

    Thanks for sharing and I hope that your next book is as much of a hit :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks pretty suspenseful, and I love that title. Thrill Kill screams crazy to me. I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!