Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Memes: Cat Got Your Diamonds by Julie Chase

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
I squinted through my freshly cleaned shop window at a lively group of women snapping selfies with the Magazine Street sign in front of a New Orleans police car and broken-in storefront.
Friday 56: 
"Another monthly bill? Can I pay for it in blood or cellulite? Because I've already told you I'm out of cash."
This week I am reading Cat Got Your Diamonds by Julie Chase. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
Grandeur and opulence are everything in the famed New Orleans Garden District where pets are family and no bling is too big. Opening Furry Godmother, pet boutique and organic treat bakery, is Lacy Marie Crocker’s dream come true--until the glitter gun used to make her Shih Tzu tutus becomes a murder weapon. And Lacy becomes public enemy #1.

Now Detective Jack Oliver is hounding Lacy, and her Furry Godmother investor wants out before his name is tarnished by association. To make matters worse, a string of jewel heists with suspicious ties to the murder case has New Orleans residents on edge. To save her dream, Lacy must take a stand, put her keen eyes to work, and unravel what really happened at her shop that night. But can Lacy sniff out the killer cat burglar in time to get her tail-raising designs on the catwalk?

Witty and whimsical, Cat Got Your Diamonds, the first in a new cozy series by Julie Chase, will be the cat's meow for fans of Rita Mae Brown and Miranda James.

8 comments:

  1. I love a good cozy, and the New Orleans setting really sold me. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “ECHOES OF FAMILY”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love cats and mysteries so this is one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great cozy mystery. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds really good to me. I love the Lilian Jackson Braun cat books also, so this is probably right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good cozy. Starts out pretty interesting. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is in my TBR. I have got to move it closer to the top! It sounds fun. I'd love for you and your readers to check out my 56 & BB ... http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsACITS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds cute! Happy reading!
    Here is my 56: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/friday-569548264

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!