Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Bay of Sighs by Nora Roberts

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Ten out of ten for the face plant," Riley decided.

Sasha rolled over, gave Riley the beady eye.
This week my teaser comes from Bay of Sighs by Nora Roberts. This is the second book in her Guardians trilogy. Here is the description from Amazon:
To celebrate the rise of their new queen, three goddesses of the moon created three stars, one of fire, one of ice, one of water. But then they fell from the sky, putting the fate of all worlds in danger. And now three women and three men join forces to pick up the pieces…

Mermaid Annika is from the sea, and it is there she must return after her quest to find the stars. New to this world, her purity and beauty are nothing less than breathtaking, along with her graceful athleticism, as her five new friends discovered when they retrieved the fire star.

Now, through space and time, traveler Sawyer King has brought the guardians to the island of Capri, where the water star is hidden. And as he watches Annika in her element, he finds himself drawn to her joyful spirit. But Sawyer knows that if he allows her into his heart, no compass could ever guide him back to solid ground...

And in the darkness, their enemy broods. She lost one star to the guardians, but there is still time for blood to be spilled—the mermaid’s in the water and the traveler’s on the land. For she has forged a dangerous new weapon. Something deadly and unpredictable. Something human.

12 comments:

  1. Such a lovely cover. And you just can't go wrong with her books!

    My TT from One

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tease and I do love a Nora Roberts story.
    sherry @ My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious about this series...I usually don't read the "fantasy" books she writes, but what an interesting teaser.

    Here's mine: “SEND IN THE CLOWNS”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read quite a few books by this author but none of them have been in the fantasy genre. I'm curious.
    My Tuesday post features A MAN CALLED OVE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a LOVELY cover - I haven't come across Roberts' fantasy, before and it sounds as though I need to check it out. Many thanks for visiting my TT earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun teaser! I have never read anything by Nora Roberts and I need to change that. I hope that you are enjoying this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not started this trilogy yet. I usually wait until all the books are out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rarely read fantasy, unless it's classic fantasy. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wondered what a beady eye looked like :p

    Sounds like an intriguing book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nora Roberts always has the best dialogue :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!