Monday, November 21, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Nov. 21, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

This was a mostly quiet week despite a few meetings. We are just on the edge of a major snowstorm but only expect a little rain and/or a dusting of snow. Right now the winds are really howling and the temperature has plunged. I'm glad I have no plans to leave the house the rest of the weekend. 

We have a short school week coming up. We only work Monday and Tuesday and then break for Thanksgiving. I plan to leave for Duluth around noon time on Tuesday even though the forecast has changed and Duluth is expecting 1 - 3 inches of snow Tuesday afternoon. We're expecting rain at this end of the trip. It should be an interesting drive! At least I'll be doing it in daylight hours.

I'm packing a few book and hope to have some reading time. My brother will be working a lot of the days I'm home. Strangely for someone working in retail, he has Black Friday off but works every other day of my break. I'll be continuing to clear items out of the old house and transporting them to the new. Hopefully, we'll soon have everything we want to keep out of the house and can turn it over to the estate sellers.

Read Last Week
When I started the book I said I was going to read last week, I realized that it wasn't the next book in the story arc. So I switched books and then got sucked into the world. I think I have only one more Pern book to read but decided to save it until I caught up on some of my December review commitments.
The review are all written and scheduled for these but they may end up moving if I need to fit in reviews for some new arrival review books.

Currently
A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn won't be released until January but this book is an Adobe Digital Editions copy. They expire! I want to read it before it actually does.

Next Week
These two books will be released in mid-December and are the next ones on my reading calendar.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
After reading all the Pern books recently, I decided to look for a used copy of The Dragonlover's Guide to Pern by Jody Lynn Nye. This faux nonfiction title has maps, character sketches, etc. about the series. Since it was written about 20 years ago, it doesn't have more information on the books I've been reading lately though.

I also bought a couple of Tanya Huff books for my Kindle when they went on sale this week.
I added two to my review stack too when I received invitations to view them at NetGalley.
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

4 comments:

  1. Those are all totally new to me reads!! Hope you enjoyed and enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you will be busier than if you were working. Have a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe driving! Have a great Thanksgiving. Looking forward to the Deanna Raybourn book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All are new to me! Gone without a Trace looks tempting.

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!