Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday Memes: When She's Gone by Jane Palmer

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
The man was staring.
Friday 56: 
She kept replaying the details in her mind. They appeared in slow motion, like in a movie, almost as if it's happened to someone else. 
This week I am reading When She's Gone by Jane Palmer. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
Ara Zuyev is a secret to nearly everyone, and those who know anything about her have barely scratched the surface. A bodyguard for a powerful billionaire, she is the last line of defense for the family's inner circle. But when her charge, 16-year-old Samantha Harper, is kidnapped and the FBI are called in, Ara immediately comes under suspicion. She didn’t follow basic security protocol, which should have been second nature for her. And now Samantha's life hangs in the balance.

Assertive and authoritative, Luke Patrick is the best the FBI has to offer. Nothing about Ara's story is adding up, and when Ara attempts to take control of the investigation, Luke is convinced she knows far more than she’s saying.

As the case develops and new details are discovered, Ara and Luke are forced to work together. She needs his investigative team. He needs her inside knowledge of the family. But neither of them trust each other. Their uneasy alliance is formed with one goal in mind: to bring Samantha home alive.

But what initially looks like a simple kidnapping for ransom quickly spirals into something far more sinister in Jane Palmer's explosive series debut When She's Gone.

13 comments:

  1. Great cover and I would have loved to read this one. I am determined to take no more books from Net Galley until I am...mostly...caught up on reviews for them.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is also a Vine choice. Looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds SUPER intriguing--I don't normally read books like this one, but that cover is so creepy and alluring and I'm interested. I'll be checking this out on goodreads--thanks!

    Here's my Friday 56, if you're interested! No worries if you're not, though! Either way, happy book-ing to you in the future, and happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this one! I'm drawn in by the excerpts and the cover, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “STEALING JASON WILDE”

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds interesting. Thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds exactly like the kind of book I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intense snippets! I like! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like the sound of this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been reading thrillers lately and this sounds fantastic! I love that first sentence. Definitely starts with a bit of a punch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's something stunning about that cover. Sounds like a super exciting read. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!