Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Dragonheart by Todd McCaffrey

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser (from 10% into a book I just started):
Kentai raised his hands in defeat, saying to Fiona, "Once you've learned as much Boll wisdom as this one is willing to teach you, feel free to find me."
This week I am reading Dragonheart by Todd McCaffrey. This one is from my TBR mountain. I am trying to finish this long-running series. Here is the description from Amazon:
The specter of sickness looms over the Weyrs of Pern, felling fire-lizards and threatening their dragon cousins, Pern’s sole defense against the deadly phenomenon that is Thread. Fiona, the young rider of queen dragon Talenth, is about to assume the duties of a Weyrwoman when word spreads that dragons have begun succumbing to the new contagion. As more dragons sicken and die, Weyrleader B’Nik and queen rider Lorana comb Fort Weyr’s archives in a desperate search for clues from the past that may hold the solution to the plague. But could the past itself prove the pathway to salvation for Pern’s imperiled dragons? Guided by a mysterious ally from a wholly unexpected place, and trusting in the dragon gift for transcending time, Fiona will join a risky expedition with far-reaching consequences for both Pern’s future and her personal destiny.

8 comments:

  1. I love dragons!

    If you're up for some Greek and Roman mythology, hop over to my teaser: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-14i

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a good dragon book?!?
    sherry @ My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice! I agree with Sherry: dragon books are always good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious, and can't recall ever reading a dragon book in adulthood. Is it time? Thanks for sharing, and here's mine:
    “IN HER WAKE”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice teaser! Totally new to me one here!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing teaser! I hope you enjoy the book! Here is my TT: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/teaser-tuesday1363034

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!