Monday, November 7, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Nov. 7, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading...

So, the first quarter of our school year is over. I'm writing this Saturday morning and know I'll be spending a good part of the weekend working on grades and report cards for my students. I have also decided what is going to appear on my blogs from now until Dec. 31 and have set up the posts. All the Teaser Tuesdays and Friday Memes posts are finished and scheduled. Of course, I still have a bunch of books to read but, at least, I know what they are.

I have a number of review books scheduled for Inside of a Dog but only have one review book on the December list for Ms. Martin Teaches Media. It was fun to look through my YA TBR stack to see what caught my eye. I picked a number of books that were first in a series. The rest of the series is on TBR mountain. If I don't like the first book, it will be easy to donate the rest and make some room on my TBR shelves. Alternately, if I like the first, I'll schedule the rest into my 2017 calendar.

Our weather has been unseasonably warm so far in November. We are expecting to get near 70 today which is about 20 degrees warmer than usual. I should take advantage of the nice weather and go for what might be my last outdoor walk of 2016. It would probably be good to have an excuse to get up from my computer for a break later.

Read Last Week
Belle Chasse by Suzanne Johnson was the 5th in the Sentinels of New Orleans urban fantasy series. Each book gets more exciting. I really enjoy the main character DJ and the variety of paranormals in the world. My review will be posted on Nov. 10.

Cat Got Your Diamonds by Julie Chase was a fun cozy mystery. My review will be posted on Nov. 12.

Arena by Holly Jennings was a near-future science fiction story where video games are as big as football or baseball are today. I liked the main character and her battle to decide who she was. My review will be posted on Nov. 16.

Currently
Lone Wolf by Sara Driscoll is next from my review stack. This book will be released Nov. 29.

Next Week
Dragongirl by Todd McCaffrey brings me one book closer to reading all of the Pern books.

The Elizabeth Papers by Jenetta James is from my review stack. It was released in June but I just received it recently.

Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

I got just a little carried away this week adding things to TBR mountain.
Burned by Her Devotion by Melinda Leigh is the second book in a duology of novellas.

Archangel's Heart by Nalini Singh is her latest in the Guildhunter series.
Girl Waits With Gun by Amy Stewart is one I've been wanting to read for a while.

Fear the Darkness by Becky Masterman is the second book in a series. I've read the first and have the third on my stack for review.

Penric's Mission by Lois McMaster Bujold is her latest novella - third in this world and with this main character.
I have been wanting to read this series for quite a while so added paperbacks of
I also pre-ordered the third in the series and really hope I can finish books one and two before the third hits my mailbox.

I added a few to my review stack too:
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

20 comments:

  1. Our weather has been great too.

    It is pretty chilly this morning, though. Seasonable.

    I hope you got your walk in. I love how you are organized.

    Wow....lots and lots of books...looks like a great week for you.

    The Elizabeth Papers is catching my eye.

    Have a wonderful week, Kathy.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I'm really interested in Girl Waits With Gun. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl Waits With Gun and Fear the Darkness both looks like interesting reads. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so organized! I have a pretty packed review schedule from now until end of Dec. The Cogman series caught my eye. I'm into series lately. Enjoy the new books you added to your TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girls should be receiving their report cards this week. You had quite the haul this week! Enjoy :)

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to catch up on Melinda Leigh's books. I love her romantic suspense titles.

    Also curious about When She's Gone. Enjoy! And I hope your warmer days will forestall the snow.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our weather has been unseasonably warm here too, hitting 60 the last few days and high 50s the days before that. Normally by now we would have snow and have to wear winter jackets and boots. I'm not gonna complain though, nice to enjoy the weather for a bit longer. Looks like you've got a good batch of books coming up. As far as series go, I sometimes stick with a series even if the first book isn't that great and sometimes it works out as the second and third books are fantastic, other times, I give up mid way through book two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still thinking about what you said on my blog. NO nonfiction? Never? Never ever?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Becky Masterman series. I read the first two and have the third here from NG.
    I also have Lone Wolf from NG too, unread. I think we have some good books to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too often I am adding to my TBR mountain! Lone Wolf has got my attention. Can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh very nice! Lots of new to me ones here! I so need to get caught up in the Guild Hunter series! Hope you enjoy the week's reads!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for teachers! I love how you fit in reading with your busy career. You have some interesting books lined up. The Invisible Library is good. I've read the first two recently.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same here w/ the weather. Unseasonably warm, especially today (70's)!! And yay for being scheduled out- I'm into December a bit but not the end of the year. That must be a good feeling. :)

    Arena looks good, and I really like The Invisible Library. I need to get to The Masked City...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cat Got Your Diamonds sounds good, I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried Girl Waits with Gun, but didn't have much luck. Curious to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am always amazed at how much reading you get through. Good plan for those series if they don't work out, however hope you find some good ones in amongst them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I am impressed with how organised you are on the posting and blogging front.
    Good luck with the grading and report card writing, as a Teacher too I can sympathise with this busy time of the year.
    I like many of the books on you list this week. Girl Waits With a Gun looks interesting. I'm sure I have seen it around other blogs.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
    Amanda @ Mrs B's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have Cat Got Your Diamonds to review. It looks good. I'm looking forward to your review. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Well done on getting the YA stack under control! Super organised!

    Your new books in look great and I need to read The Invisible Library too!


    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are having great weather here, too! My, you are organized! Getting all your blog posts scheduled in advance is a good idea, especially as the Christmas season is nearly upon us. I still have a ton of reviews that I need to write. Dead and Breakfast looks like a fun cozy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!