Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday Memes: Enemy Games by Marcella Burnard

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
The communications panel trilled, echoing the call in the confines of the tiny cockpit. Damen entered the unlock code.
Friday 56:
"Two things," she said into the weighted quiet. "First, Queen's Rhapsody, do you have a quarantine advisory for this vessel? The flag would have come across the alliance pipeline. Second, does the Kawl Fergus have the capacity in initiate teleport as well as receive?"
This week I am reading Enemy Games by Marcella Burnard. This is a science fiction romance that has been sitting on my TBR mountain since July 2013. Here is the description from Amazon:
Kidnapped while combating a plague, Jayleia Durante fights to resist the attractive Major Damen Sindrivik, an officer from a rival government's spy corps. But with her father missing, and mercenaries on her trail, Jayleia must join forces with the magnetic major-for the good of the empire.

7 comments:

  1. I read this on when it came out. I enjoyed it hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds intense! I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “THE OTHER WIDOW”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fantastic book by this excellent author. I'm adding it to my TBR.
    My Friday post features THE LAST ANNIVERSARY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I know that book! :D I hope its a fun read. I swear I'm working on the next book in the series. I swear it. My current read is a steampunk novel: The Doomsday Vault by Steven Harper. Not very far into it, yet, but it's already fun. Zombies. A plague. Weird devices. What's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wicked cover. I seem to remember this book too. Must check my Kindle.

    My Friday 56 from Gemina

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds pretty cool! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!