Monday, December 12, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Dec. 12, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

So much for no snow! It has snowed at least a little every day since last Sunday. We're expecting another 3 - 6 inches over the weekend too. It has also been windy and bone-chillingly cold. I'm glad I don't have to spend any time outside. This coming week is supposed to be even colder.

We are now at midquarter time of the second quarter of the school year. At the elementary this means music program time. My 5th graders practiced for their concert during my media time on Friday. Next Thursday and Friday I will miss my 3rd graders as they practice one day and perform for the school on the other. I have already lopped off the last assignment I had planned for third graders since we won't have enough time to get to it. Fifth graders might or might not be able to finish their last project for me.

We found out this week that our Christmas Break will be one day longer than we thought. School was scheduled to begin again on Jan. 2 until it was discovered that it is a legal holiday and we are not allowed to have school that day. We'll have to make up that day but our tight calendar makes finding a day to do so really difficult.

I am going to try to go home for Christmas but it will really depend on the weather in the State of Minnesota. It has to be good driving conditions in both the south where I teach and the north where I want to go. I have my fingers crossed that I'll be able to get home the afternoon of Dec. 22 which is our last day of school until Jan. 2.

Read Last Week
I read two of my January releases this week. Both were okay but each had some problems.
Currently
A Merciful Death by Kendra Elliot is also from my review stack.

Next Week
Still more review books are on the stack for next week.
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

I bought:

I added these to my review stack.
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

16 comments:

  1. So many interesting titles (and covers!) on your reading stack! I especially like the look of the mysteries. :-) Happy Reading!

    Here's what I'm working on this week: http://justasecondblog.blogspot.com/2016/12/what-im-reading-december-12-2016.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Stealing Jason Wilde, and have also loved other books by the author.

    Hope you get to go home for Christmas!

    Thanks for sharing, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books sound good! Here is my IMWAYR: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/musing-its-monday-what-are-you-reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get home, and the snow slows enough for it. I enjoyed Island of Glass, I think it has been a great trilogy by NR, she always entertains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got a little snow yesterday and Thursday is supposed to be a high of 14 degrees! But then highs in the 40s and rain for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Winter is here for good, I'm afraid. Hope the weather allows you to travel for Christmas. Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow is only fun when you can stay at home reading a good book! Lol! Hope you don't have to go out in it!

    Nice new reads! The Ripper's Shadow looks intriguing! Jack the Ripper books always seem to intrigue me! Especially when they're fictional! Lol! Go figure! And ooh nice!! I read Dawn Study last week and adored it!! Hope you will too!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books on your list. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the weather and traveling! It's been snowing and cold here too- brr winter has arrived. A Merciful death looks interesting.

    Dragon Spawn looks promising too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck getting home for Christmas! And I really hope you enjoy Dawn Study when you get to it. :) Loving that series so far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snow is the greatest background for reading all your new titles) Envy you, we only have rain here. Have a nice week and happy Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too bad the books you read have some issues, but not every book can be perfect and we never know what they will be like until we read them. We have been getting lots of snow and extreme cold as well. Enjoy your reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too bad you had a few bum reads Kathy.We ended up getting the same amount of snow as you on Sunday...pretty and I love it...until I have to shovel. I hope you have a great reading week though and thanks for stopping by my It's Monday Post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope the weather cooperates for you. A Merciful Death is on my stack as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snyder's Study series is on my TBR mountain somewhere. I also want to try Carringer's books, but I'm not big on steampunk. It's cold here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad I finally got to come by and visit. I think it's wonderful that you're a teacher. It's the best profession in the world, along with nursing (I'm an R.N.) I like some of your book recs. I will have to work them into my TBR list. Hope you get home for the holidays. Be safe. I love looking at the snow but not freezing. I guess that's why I'm in So Cal. Merry Christmas and blog on!

    - Mama Vicky here

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!