Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday Memes: Ill Met by Murder by Elizabeth J. Duncan

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
It's not every day a gleaming, burgundy Rolls-Royce proceeds down the long driveway of the Jacobs Grand Hotel.
Friday 56:
She smiled at him, and after shaking his hand--slightly damp, perhaps from the condensation on the glass--she turned her attention to his wife, who appeared younger than her husband by at least two decades.
This week I am reading Ill Met by Murder by Elizabeth J. Duncan. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
It’s the most important night of the year for costume designer Charlotte Fairfax and the Catskills Shakespeare Theater Company--the annual fund raising performance at the country estate of the wealthy widow Paula Van Dusen. This year, the company will give a moonlight performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream as part of the wedding celebrations for Paula's daughter, Belinda, and her fiance Adrian. But then Hugh Hedley, family friend of the Van Dusens and Adrian's rival in the cutthroat world of high-end Manhattan real estate, is found murdered with a stolen prop from the play.

Paula, desperate to keep her daughter’s name of out of the paper, enlists Charlotte's help, despite the fact that Charlotte's already got her hands full amidst her costume design responsibilities and finding a home for the company's new theater school. But Charlotte nevertheless throws herself into an investigation of shady business deals, a missing dog, and long buried family secrets because "though she be but little, she is fierce!" Ill Met by Murder, the second in Elizabeth J. Duncan's compelling mystery series, will satisfy every Shakespeare and mystery lover alike.

12 comments:

  1. Ew...wet handshakes. I always wonder where that hand has been. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this one, but I haven't read it yet. I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine . . . http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, sounds good! Lovely cover, too. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “WHITE TRASH”

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks different for a cozy. Always looking for those!

    My Friday 56 from In The Blue Hour

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a new-to-me book and author. Thanks for putting it on my radar screen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This series has been on my radar. It looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds interesting Here is my 56: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/friday-56-and-book-beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to know more. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got the first one in the series waiting for me. I'm SO looking forward to them both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this one but I love the sound of it! And that first sentence really grabbed me somehow - I already want to know what's going on!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!