Monday, December 19, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Dec. 19, 2016)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Other Than Reading... 

After a week of bone-chilling cold, it warmed up enough to snow. Forecast was dire enough that our Superintendent decided to close school at noon on Friday. This is Saturday morning and I don't think we got what we were expecting. It looks to me like we got about 5 inches of snow. The winds are still supposed to pick up later today and blow the snow around. Right now it looks nice at my house with everything covered with a white fluffy layer.

We have four days of school next week before we begin our short winter vacation. The weather forecast looks like it will be good for my travel plans. Thursday is supposed to be 23 degrees and partly cloudy at both ends of my trip. I am looking forward to seeing my brother and spending some time in my new home in Duluth.

Read Last Week
A Merciful Death by Kendra Elliot introduces a new character in a mystery set in the Pacific Northwest. It was exciting and the characters were well-rounded. My review will be posted on Jan. 13.

Currently
Southern Gothic by Dale Wiley will be released on Jan. 24.

Next Week
  • Legacy by Hannah Fielding was released the end of July. I told the author I'd fit it in when I could.
  • Dawn Study by Maria V. Snyder (Jan. 31 release)
  • Killing Jane by Stacy Green (Jan. 1 release)
Reviews Posted
  • Illusion Town by Jayne Castle (I read this one in July and kept moving it because review books needed its spot.)
  • Forgotten City by Carrie Smith (Dec. 13 release)
  • Ill Met by Murder by Elizabeth J. Duncan (Dec. 13 release)
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
I added Gauntlet by Holly Jennings to my review stack this week. It is the sequel to Arena which I recently read and reviewed. It will be released on April 4.

To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

10 comments:

  1. Great lineup of books on your list. Our temps are jumping all over the place. After yesterday's unseasonably warm temps, we are now dropping to below freezing. I want summer back :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look very tempting! It's hard to pick just one, but I'm leaning toward A Merciful Death.

    Enjoy the holidays, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been cold for the school to close. I do wish it would snow here. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It finally snowed in Reykjavik last night, after weeks of warmer, rainy weather. I can't say I love the snow, but it does brighten up the December gloom. We're down to less than 4 hours of daylight and need all the help we can get. All I want to do these days is curl up with a good book and read with all the lights on.
    A Merciful Death sounds like an interesting read. I've been curious about prepper culture since I found out about them, and the mystery sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You`re shift in weather sounds like what we are having as well. It was extremely cold last week, but now it`s only a few degrees below freezing and snowing like crazy - I think I`d almost rather have the extreme cold at this point. All of those books look great. I haven`t heard of any of them, but I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't sound like fun weather! Lol! I don't mind the cold myself, but not a fan of snow. Ever since I was done with school, it's lost its fun-ness! LOL!

    Nice reads! All new to me ones but yay, Dawn Study is next week! I ADORED that one! Naturally! LOL! Have a good reading week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been cold here too and snowy. Hope your travel conditions stay good and that you have a nice break- and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you enjoyed A Merciful Death. I look forward to reading it soon. May your travels be safe and enjoy your winter break. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you stay safe in the snow and have a good visit with your brother.
    I'm looking forward to reading Dawn Study too.
    I think I need to go check out the Holly Jennings books.
    Happy reading and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, Southern Gothic looks intriguing; how's it going? I hope you have very safe travels and enjoy your time off! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!