It’s Monday! What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.
Other Than Reading...
After a week of bone-chilling cold, it warmed up enough to snow. Forecast was dire enough that our Superintendent decided to close school at noon on Friday. This is Saturday morning and I don't think we got what we were expecting. It looks to me like we got about 5 inches of snow. The winds are still supposed to pick up later today and blow the snow around. Right now it looks nice at my house with everything covered with a white fluffy layer.
We have four days of school next week before we begin our short winter vacation. The weather forecast looks like it will be good for my travel plans. Thursday is supposed to be 23 degrees and partly cloudy at both ends of my trip. I am looking forward to seeing my brother and spending some time in my new home in Duluth.
Read Last Week
A Merciful Death by Kendra Elliot introduces a new character in a mystery set in the Pacific Northwest. It was exciting and the characters were well-rounded. My review will be posted on Jan. 13.
Southern Gothic by Dale Wiley will be released on Jan. 24.
- Legacy by Hannah Fielding was released the end of July. I told the author I'd fit it in when I could.
- Dawn Study by Maria V. Snyder (Jan. 31 release)
- Killing Jane by Stacy Green (Jan. 1 release)
- Illusion Town by Jayne Castle (I read this one in July and kept moving it because review books needed its spot.)
- Forgotten City by Carrie Smith (Dec. 13 release)
- Ill Met by Murder by Elizabeth J. Duncan (Dec. 13 release)
Gauntlet by Holly Jennings to my review stack this week. It is the sequel to Arena which I recently read and reviewed. It will be released on April 4.
To see what Young Adult books I have been reading and plan to read, check out Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.