Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Adult and YA Teasers (Oct. 17, 2017)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser on Inside of a Dog:
Holly hadn't even thought about what would happen beyond teh next few hours, let alone on Friday. "I don't think so," she said. "I'm sorry, Mr. Shurmer, but Ben will probably be back by then and anyway, this is nothing to do with me."

"Seven thirty at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford," Shurmer said, cutting in so smoothly she barely notice the interruption. "I should be greatly honoured if you choose to be there, Miss Ansell," he added with old-fashioned courtesy.

The line clicked as the call went dead.
-- House of Shadows by Nicola Cornick

Teaser on Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
It took me a minute after Lilah finally introduced the last girl to figure out that Fuchsia was actually her name. I opened my mouth to say something, but I was dumbstruck. Fuchsia? Fuchsia?! Who named their kid Fuchsia?  
-- Golden by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

8 comments:

  1. These both look tempting. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both sound excellent. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good teasers, thanks for sharing! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing teasers!! Fuchsia is definitely a new to me one for a girl's name!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great book!
    http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/teaser-tuesday9255643

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll admit I've never heard the name Fuchsia before.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!