Tuesday, October 31, 2017

First Paragraph/Teaser Tuesday: Written in Red by Anne Bishop

Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of a book she is reading or planning to read. She provides a linky for others to post theirs.

Here's mine:

From A Brief History of the World:
Long ago, Namid gave birth to all kinds of life, including the beings known as humans. She gave the humans fertile pieces of herself, and she gave them good water. Understanding their nature and the nature of her other offspring, she also gave them enough isolation that they would have a chance to survive and grow. And they did.
Chapter 1:
Half blinded by the storm, she stumbled into the open area between two buildings. Hoping to hide from whomever was hunting for her as well as get some relief from the snow and wind, she followed an angled wall and ducked around the corner. Her socks and sneakers were soaked, and her feet were so cold she couldn't feel them. She knew that wasn't good, wasn't safe, but she had taken the clothing available just as she had taken the opportunity to run.

 

Link up here. It is very easy to play along.
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.
Here's mine:
Thinking of herself as Meg instead of cs759 had been her first silent act of rebellion.
Anne Bishop
March 4, 2014

15 comments:

  1. Not my genre but I am sure there will be lots of readers who will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frightening and intense! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE STORY OF ARTHUR TRULUV”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both books sound good. I haven't read Written in Red, but it's on my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, nice teaser!
    https://carabosseslibrary.wordpress.com/2017/10/31/teaser-tuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the sound of this one - and Anne Bishop is an author that keeps cropping up as someone I should read. Thank you for the TT - and for swinging by my site earlier:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh nice! I am sooo behind in this series! I long to get caught up with it...as well as about 50 other series too! Lol!

    Thanks for visiting my TT & TTT post!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope you enjoy your read Kathy - another author I should explore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Based on the first paragraph, I'd say there's a pretty scary story coming. It actually interests me. I'm off to check my library's website. Thanks, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the writing but, the cover makes me say -- pass.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And she had to rebel, being known as a number, basically, and how they were treated, they had to rebel! I only found this series this year, but I've read the 4th and 5th book in the series twice, they were just so freaking great!

    Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!