Holiday Break Reading Challenge #14
This challenge is like asking a mother to say who her favorite child is. As of this morning I have read 225 books in 2009. I can't limit myself to just nine books. I'm not sure I can limit myself to nine authors. But here are my memorable reads of 2009.
Many of my favorite authors came out with one (or more) books this year.
- Jayne Ann Krentz added wonderful new books written as herself, Jayne Castle and Amanda Quick this year.
- Nora Roberts and Suzanne Brockmann each had two books that I really enjoyed. And Nora, writing as J. D. Robb, added more excellent adventures in the Eve Dallas series.
- Lois McMaster Bujold completed her Sharing Knife Quartet with still another excellent book. I reread all four of them this year.
- Jim Butcher added to his Harry Dresden series and completed his Codex Alera series with excellent books.
- Kelley Armstrong made additions to her Women of the Otherworld series and her series about Nadia Stafford, Hit Woman.
- Mustn't forget Rachel Vincent, Patricia Briggs, Nalini Singh and Jacqueline Carey. They all added memorable books to my bookshelves this year.
Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo
Wicked Game by Jeri Smith-Ready
I'm sure that I am forgetting more than one author or book that brought me pleasure this year. It was a good year for books.