Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reading Into the New Year

This challenge is completed and I won a prize. I am so excited and eager to get another book to read. The book I chose will fit into my Middle Grade Reading Challenge.




I will be participating in this challenge to see out the old year and welcome in the new year. I don't have a book planned. I'll just see what strikes my fancy from my TBR stack.

Here is the information about the Readathon from Kristen's blog Bookworming in the 21st Century.

Now, what is the Read-a-thon all about? Promoting reading in the new year - 2010!

Starts: 5 pm on Thursday, December 31st
Ends: 10 pm on Sunday, January 3rd

You can read as little or as much as you want! Also, I'm planning on having a smaller event called Reading Into the New Year - where us bookworms can read as it turns midnight! I will be posting the sign up for that event next. Please partake in either or both!!!

So, to start off. My goal is to read at least 24 hours. I'm going to see what books I get through closer to the date and then post about the pile of books I want to get through. As you're thinking about what books you want to read, consider the following:

  • Shorter books are easier to push through and you may want to include a few of those


  • You don't have to read a crazy amount of hours - whatever you can fit in!


  • This is a no stress readathon, so if you don't meet your goal - no big.


  • Think about any new challenges your starting and what books are on those lists.

I am not going to even guess how many hours I'll be reading. I usually don't keep track of the time I read. I will be keeping track of the number of books and number of pages that I read. I know that January 2 will be a day spent traveling from my vacation home to my home with stops along the way. I'm not sure how much reading I'll be able to fit in. Too bad I don't have an audio book for the car ride.

January 1 will also be the first day of the six challenges I am participating in this year. Probably some of what I read will fit in to one or more of them.

Here's what I read:

1. Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

2. Gentlemen Prefer Succubi by Jill Myles

That's it. I probably spent about 7 hours reading these two books.

I have spent all day today reading blogs (and adding to my TBR list) instead of reading books I already have. Bad, Kathy!

2 comments:

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!