Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Break Reading Challenge

Holiday Break Reading Challenge


Karin at Karin's Book Nook is hosting a Christmas Break Reading Challenge and I am going to participate. I love Christmas Break for its extended reading time anyway but it is even better with prizes. Last year I read ten books. I didn't have internet access at my vacation home then and now I do. I expect my amount of book reading to decrease a little because of internet access.

Our break seems especially short this year. We go to school through Dec. 23. I'll be travelling home to family on Christmas Eve. Our school resumes on January 4. I don't yet know when I'll be returning because, in Minnesota, it depends on the weather forecasts. My goal is to read at least 6 books during the break though. My plan right now is to bring just a few print books home and to bring my Kindle with its 180 (currently) books on it. I have received a recent crop of YAs that I want to get read ASAP so that I can donate them to my HS Media Center.

Recently arrived are Fallen, Shadowland, and Beautiful Creatures. If things go well, I may be able to complete them before Christmas Break. That would mean that I could read some of the books that have arrived just for me like Divine Misdemeanors by Laurell K. Hamilton and See Me After Class: Advice for Teachers by Teachers.

I need to catch up a little before the new January crop of books like Firespell: A Novel of the Dark Elite and The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard. Also arriving for me are the latest by Jayne Ann Krentz, Christine Feehan, Karen Chance and Yasmine Galenorn.

Looks like I need lots of snow days this winter to catch up on all my reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!