Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Books, Books, Books

Books to the ceiling,

Books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high.
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have a long beard by the time I read them.
                                      -- Arnold Lobel
 
 

I'm with that sentiment -- except for the beard thing anyway.
 
My TBR pile is calling my name. There are so many books that I want to read. I received my first Unshelved collection yesterday and was sitting in my office at school giggling madly. Luckily, the school day was over. My students would have thought I had finally snapped. I think you might have to be a librarian to appreciate the humor. After receiving it, I decided that I needed the other six. They should be arriving soon.
 
I am also waiting for the books that will be arriving in early January. Some titles that intrigued me and needed to be added to my TBR were: Hearts at Stake: The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey, Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston, Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles, Firespell: A Novel of the Dark Elite by Chloe Neill, and The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard.
 
I also checked out the Amazon.com sales and bought the set of the the first three Percy Jackson books. I read the first one and donated it to my HS Media Center but, with the movie coming out in February, I want to get back into the series and continue reading.
 
What's next up on your reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!