Friday, December 25, 2009

Flashback Challenge

A truly great book should be read in youth,
again in maturity and once more in old age,
as a fine building should be seen by morning light,
at noon and by moonlight.
~ Robertson Davies ~

Aarti at Booklust is hosting a challenge for 2010 that I plan to participate in. Check out her blog for the details. I love to reread old favorite books. I am going to participate at the "Literati - Over six books" level.

Some I plan to reread this year are the Liaden books by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller in anticipation of their new book in that world.

I also plan to reread some of the Miles Vorkosigan series by Lois McMaster Bujold because I love them and also because she has a new book in that world coming out in 2010 too.

I will undoubtedly re-read others too. I don't think I can get through a year without re-reading Sunshine and Shadow by Sharon and Paul Curtis, That Man Cartwright by Ann Fairbairn. and Tell Me No Lies by Elizabeth Lowell.

I don't remember too many books from my childhood but one children's book that I want to read again is The Chestry Oak by Kate Seredy.

I can hardly wait until 2010.

************************

Here is what I have read:

1. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (Feb. 6)
2. Local Custom by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (March 16)
3. Scout's Progress by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (March 21, 2010)
4. Mouse and Dragon by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (March 23, 2010)
5. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner (May 6, 2010)
6. A Matter of Magic by Patricia C. Wrede (June 21, 2010)

7. Cryoburn by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 4, 2010)
8. Shards of Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 5, 2010)
9. Barrayar by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 6, 2010)
10. The Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 8, 2010)
11. The Vor Game by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 8, 2010)
12. Cetaganda by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 9, 2010)
13. Brothers in Arms by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 10, 2010)
14. Mirror Dance by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 11, 2010)
15. Memory by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 12, 2010)
16. Komarr by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 13, 2010)
17. A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 14, 2010)
18. Diplomatic Immunity by Lois McMaster Bujold (August 15, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!