For this challenge you should…
** Pick 12 books – one for each month of the year - that you’ve been wanting to read (that have been on your “To Be Read” list) for 6 months or longer, but haven’t gotten around to.
** OPTIONAL: Create a list of 12 “Alternates” (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn’t grab you at the time)
** Then, starting January 1, read one of these books from your list each month, ending December 31. )
Additional rules/guidelines for this challenge:
* the challenge is to read 12 TBR books in 12 months — you can read those all in one month if you want, or one a month, or however you wanna do it.
* you should have a list posted somewhere for others to see
* you CANNOT change your list after January 1st, of the current year!!!
* you can create an Alternates list of MAXIMUM 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list).
* audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed
* re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren’t TRUE “TBRs”
* you CAN overlap with other challenges
So after much deliberation, here are the 24 books that I will use to pick my 12 to read. I haven't really prioritized them. Although they are in order from the longest on the TBR stack to the most recent addition (within the "at least on the pile for 6 months" guideline.)
My choices are:
4. The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
5. The Fire Opal by Catherine Asaro
6. Kiss of Midnight by Lara Adrian
13. Impulse by Catherine Coulter
19. Amberlight by Sylvia Kelso