Sunday, May 15, 2011

In My Mailbox (May 15, 2011)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.

I just have a small mailbox this week. I got one print book and one Kindle book.
Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi is a revisioning of H. Beam Piper's Little Fuzzy (which I also have on my Kindle). I liked Scalzi's Old Man's War series and decided to give this one a try.

Fixing Freddie by Paula Munier was free for the Kindle this week. I don't read a lot of memoirs -- but I had a beagle too. It sounded like an entertaining story. 

That's it for me. What did you get?


5 comments:

  1. Not familiar with those books! Hope you like them!

    Here's my IMM

    Happy Reading!

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fixing Freddie looks cute. I used to have a beagle too. She was a sweet dog (though a little on the stubborn side). I hope you enjoy both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover of Fuzzy Nation makes me want to pick it up and add it to my tbr pile! The cover of Fixing Freddie is so cute! I've always wanted a beagle. Have a great week!

    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs Q has a beagle too! I'll tell her about Fixing Freddie now.

    Enjoy the reads Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a Beagle growing up! I love those dogs. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!