Sunday, January 22, 2012

In My Mailbox (Jan. 22, 2012)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



I received a variety of new books this week - review books, Kindle books, print books and even an audiobook. Here's what I got:
My print books were very "werewolf-y" this week. I got Werewolf in the North Woods by Vicki Lewis Thompson because I just finished Werewolf in Manhattan and thought it was a fun romance. When I found out there was a sequel (and a third book coming soon!), I just had to add it to my stack.

I also got a print copy of Hidden by Kelley Armstrong. I had ordered it quite a while ago and knew that the print run had sold out. I was worried that I hadn't ordered early enough to get one. After a few delays from Amazon, my copy did arrive this week. It is sort of bittersweet, though, knowing this is the last book in the Women of the Otherworld series.

I also got a couple of books from NetGalley for review:
Time Out by Jill Shalvis is a sports romance. I am a sucker for that genre and couldn't pass this one up. It will be published by Harlequin Blaze on Feb. 21.

I also chose The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens. I read The Restorer a while ago and thought it was very good. I am eager to read this sequel. It will be published on March 27 by Mira.
I also bought the Haunted in Death audiobook by J. D. Robb; read by Susan Erickson. I listened to this one this week and really enjoyed spending time again with Eve and Roarke. Then I went looking for the Bump in the Night anthology so that I could get a print copy of this story too.

Last, I purchased the SEAL of My Dreams anthology for my Kindle when it was on sale. It was $.99 one day last week. I see it is back to $7.99 today. All proceeds from sales of this book are going to Veterans Research Corporation, a non-profit fundraiser for veterans’ medical research.

What was in your mailbox this week?

7 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I tend to think about reading some of these books by Kelley that are novella like. Not sure of the exact term at the moment,but they definitely catch my eye! Happy Reading!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, someone who has read Werewolf in Manhattan! I randomly came across this series and I bought the first book but have been holding off on reading it because I haven't seen anyone really talk about it so I wasn't sure how good it is. Glad to hear it's a fun read :-)


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, what? Hidden is the last Women of the Otherworld book??? Maybe we could start a petition or something to get Kelley to keep writing them!

    Great mailbox, aside from the depressing Kelley news. :) Need to get a copy of SEAL of My Dreams, as that looks like a good one. Enjoy!

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Hidden! :D And it isn't the last book for sure. Kelley said she'll probably continue to do novella's, do we'll get to see the characters still. Plus, Thirteen isn't out yet...that is the last book in the series. ;)

    I'm hoping for many more novellas or even short stories on Clay and Elena in the future though. Ic an never get enough of them! :D

    Happy Reading, Kathy, and thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my IMM! :D
    Ambur

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting books this week! I will have to check out some of these on Goodreads methinks. Enjoy all your new goodies!

    IMM at Book Brats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOOOVE Jill Shalvis (have you read her Lucky Harbor series?) so I'm so excited to read time out!
    Happy reading♥

    My IMM ((:
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Reading!! Great Books!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!