Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I just finished a really intense book and went browsing on my TBR mountain to try to find something lighter. I am hoping that A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson will fill the need. I have had it on my stack for a little more than a year now. It's about time it found its way to the top.

Description:
Emma Gavin writes about werewolves, but that doesn't mean she believes in them-not until a pack of real-life New York weres decide to investigate the striking accuracy of her "fiction".

When Aiden Wallace, son and heir of the pack leader, tries to sniff out Emma's potential informant, he discovers something even more dangerous- an undeniable attraction to her.
Teaser:
Aidan settled in to wait and tried to block out the sensory overload created by a pack of humans. Perfume, aftershave, and deodorant assaulted his nostrils, while a cacophony of voices, cell phone chimes, background music, and shuffling feet battered his eardrums.
Who has ever given a thought to the difficulties of having enhanced senses in crowded places? I know that I have not.

9 comments:

  1. OOh nice! See this one and it makes me think I might want to read it. Will look for your review!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting storyline! And I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great and a good teaser would totally be a shock what people are like for someone not in the know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sucks to be a werewolf. xD But this seems like a cute read! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cacophony - what a great word. Have to work that into my writing more! Thanks for dropping by Read@UTS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser. Always wanted to read this book. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful teaser. That would suck to have enhanced hearing in such a place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book - series, really - is one I've been wanting to read. And in answer to your question, having scent allergies, I have had Aidan's problem all too often, especially in crowded places. The worst was at a writing conference ten years ago, where there were about 400 women present. I was in absolute misery. Hope you enjoy the book! My blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want this series because it just seems like such a fun read!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!