Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (Jan. 30, 2012)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.



I had a good reading week and read a variety of books including my first full-length audiobook. I read:
Iris and the Dragonflies by Rosemary Danielis - This was a middle grade novel and the last self-published book I accepted at the end of December. I liked the story and thought middle graders would enjoy the intrepid heroine and the Earth-friendly message. My review is here.

Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan was my first audiobook but it certainly won't be my last. I got the audiobook for review from Macmillan Audio. I really liked this science fiction story about the perils of life on generation ships fleeing Earth for New Earth. I loved hearing the story and thought the narration was very well done. My review will be posted on Feb. 2.
Because I don't just read YA, I looked for the next adult book on my review stack and chose Time Out by Jill Shalvis. I got this one from NetGalley. I love both the humor and romance in Shalvis' books. This one had both and was a great story too. My review will be posted on Feb. 4.

I also read the Bump in the Night anthology which contains stories by J. D. Robb, Mary Blayney, Ruth Ryan Langan and Mary Kay McComas. It had the story by Robb that I recently listened to. I wanted a copy I could pore over in print. The other stories were OK but won't lead me to the authors' other books. My review will be posted on Feb. 8.
The final book I read last week was Forbidden by Syrie James and Ryan M. James. This was a surprise arrival from Wunderkind PR and HarperCollins. I thought it was an excellent paranormal romance and I look forward to sharing it with my students. My review will be posted on Feb. 4.
I am currently reading Fury of Fire by Coreene Callahan. I just got this new paranormal romance from Amazon Vine. It will be published on Feb. 7. I just started it but it seems entertaining and readable. 

These are the ones I plan to read next week:
I have two more books from Amazon Vine that need to be read before the end of February. Witchful Thinking by H. P. Mallory and Touchstone by Melanie Rawn. However, they may be put aside for something else from my adult stack since I do have some time before they need to be finished. Here is a photo I took on Jan. 28 showing my newly rearranged recently arrived adult books (I just realized that they are not in alphaberical order but they are all visible now instead with stacks behind stacks. MUST ALPHABETIZE!):
Jan. 27, 2012
Here are a couple from my YA TBR mountain that I would like to read this week: (I spend part of Saturday morning re-alphabetizing and re-stacking the books from the top of my entertainment center and the top of the bookcase into one sort of cohesive group. Good thing we don't have earthquakes here in Minnesota. These stacks are taller than I am.)
I actually chose these two because they were on the tallest stack and I am so OCD that I like the stacks to be more balanced but wasn't going to try to put two or three more books on the bottom of the middle stack.
Here is what my newly rearranged YA TBR mountain look like:
Jan. 27, 2012 - 99 books that I really, really want to read NOW
That was my reading and re-organizing week. What did you get read? What are you planning for the coming week?

12 comments:

  1. That TBR pile is a little mountain! enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay to your first full length audio!!!! I was most excited about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are some big stacks!

    Have a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of your TBR pile! Hope you manage to get a couple of them finished up this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! And I thought my TBR mountain was bad! Mine is likely just 1 of your piles/pictures! And the kindle books I have aren't even in them! Hope you enjoy our reads this week! Will definitely keep an eye out for your review of Forbidden! Starting to get really interested in that one!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate to the task of reorganizing the TBR mountain. I finally got a bookshelf for them, telling myself that as I read them, they can be restacked properly on that shelf.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have a lot of books to read. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you took a shot of your TBR shelf :)

    I boxed all of mine before doing it---darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not taking a picture of my overflowing TBR shelf, lol. You are a brave woman!!

    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to like Dark Passage more than I did. I love Mary Jo Putney's adult books but I'm finding the YA series so far a bit tedious.

    I didn't know about Steel. That could be really fun! I adore the humorous aspects of the Kitty series.
    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glow is on my wishlist. I finished a nice mix of things. Please come see what I'm reading now.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!