Sunday, January 8, 2012

In My Mailbox (Jan. 8, 2012)

The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



This week is a double mailbox post since I didn't do one last week. Hopefully, it will be my last huge mailbox. 2012 is my year of the TBR. I really want to try to catch up on the books I already have before adding more to the stack.


That being said, here is what I got:
Flashfire by Deborah Cooke - I am following this series and needed the next book.

Bloodshot by Cherie Priest - I won this one as a LibraryThing Early Reviewer but it never arrived. When I saw one in the Amazon Marketplace, I decided to add it to my stack. After all, I wanted it enough to ask for it before.

Spirit Bound by Christine Feehan is in another series that I follow. I had to have the latest book too!

All the rest of the books I got this week were for my Kindle. Here are the free ones:
Changeling Moon by Dani Harper, Destiny Redeemed by Gabrielle Bisset, True North by Mari Force
In Legend Born by Laura Resnick, Dead Space by Lee Goldberg, and a Christmas present from Ilona Andrews - Magic Gifts.

I bought these for my Kindle:
Toil and Trouble by H. P. Mallory -- I had the first and third book in this series. I needed the second so that I would have the whole story.

Head Rush by Carolyn Crane is one I was missing in a series I read.
The Hedgewitch Queen by Lilith Saintcrow - I like this author's YAs and wanted to try one of her adult books.

Claim the Night by Rachel Lee - I like this author's contemporaries and wanted to see how she did paranormals.
Finally, I read that Sherwood Smith was epublishing a couple of her earlier works through Book View Cafe. Since I am a fan of the author, I decided to add Ruler of Naught and The Phoenix in Flight to my Kindle too this week. 

That was my haul over the last couple of weeks. Wow, I just realized that I didn't get any review books in the last couple of weeks. Maybe I'll get a chance to work on the backlog. 

What did you get?

7 comments:

  1. Very nice mailbox!

    I love the Harlequin Nocturne line, but it's been a while since I've read one. Rachel Lee's book looks good. Hope you enjoy them all!

    My Mailbox Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! Magic gifts looks really,really good!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! These are all new to me but I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, lots of goodies this week. Flashfire and Head Rush were both really good and I can't wait to read Magic Gifts. I hear there is naked Curran :-D


    Paranormal Haven

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have plenty of books to keep you really busy! enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice mailbox! Don't you love those free eBooks? Can't resist free! And so jealous that you've already gotten Head Rush, as I love that series! Will be curious to see what you think of Claim the Night, as Rachel Lee was one of my favorite Harlequin writers, but I haven't read her in awhile. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of books I want to read. Magic Gifts was awesome, it would be difficult to wait to much for another book.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!