Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Blood and Bullets by James R. Tuck

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I was recently approached by author James R. Tuck to read his new urban fantasy book. I like urban fantasy and was intrigued by the idea of a male main character so I agreed. It has now managed to work its way to the top of my review stack. I am reading Blood and Bullets by James R. Tuck which will be published by Kensington on Feb. 7.


Here is the description:
Since hunting down the monster who took the lives of his wife and children five years ago, occult bounty-hunter Deacon Chalk has lived by only one rule.

He does not work for the monsters. He kills them.

So why would a vampire try to hire him as protection against another monster hunter? After enforcing his only rule Deacon goes to meet the target, a vampire slayer named Nyteblade. Professional courtesy demands he tell this Nyteblade the vampires are hiring people to kill him. Deacon finds the vampire slayer waiting in an alley.

Waiting to stake him

He discovers that Nyteblade is a bumbling, fumbling, wanna-be instead of a badass vampire hunter. Someone who needs saving from monsters instead of the other way around. This is proven when a horde of vampires descend and he has to escape while trying to keep Nyteblade alive.

Someone has set Deacon up. Someone wants him dead.

omeone should have sent more vampires.

Bound and determined, Deacon will find out who tried to kill him no matter how many bloodsuckers, were-spiders, cursed immortals, undead strippers, or insanely powerful hell-bitches he has to wade through.

It's going to be a long night.
Here is my teaser:
Vampires smell like big snakes, all venom and shed skin. I don't know why, but they do. And a little like roasted almonds. 

6 comments:

  1. Heh heh! I was turning my nose at the snake part--do not like snakes!--then snorted at the roasted almonds! Those are two very different scents!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turns me off almonds for today. Good teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just as long as they don't sparkle. Not familiar with this one but I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Roasted almonds will never smell the same again.. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teaser. I love the cover. That guy looks badass!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!