Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Amongst My Enemies by William F. Brown

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


A Cold War thriller found its way to the top of my TBR mountain this week. I received Amongst My Enemies by William F. Brown as an ebook. This one reminded me a lot of a bunch of the thrillers I read years ago. It was filled with tension and political intrigue all surrounding an ordinary guy who wanted justice and a sunken U-boat filled with stolen Nazi loot.


Teaser:
Bruckner watched at Stolz's prisoners lashed and braced the last of the wooden crates in place in the forward torpedo room. "Kapitan," the intercom speaker above his head crackled. "Sturmbannfuhrer Kruger requests you join him in the control room."
This is recent historical fiction at its grittiest about a very turbulent time in world history. 

4 comments:

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!