Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Memes: Cold Days by Jim Butcher

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week the book I am spotlighting is Cold Days by Jim Butcher. This one arrived back in November but I didn't have time to read it then and lent it to my brother. I have just gotten it back and, coincidentally, have time to read it. This is the fourteenth book in the Harry Dresden urban fantasy series which I have been reading since the beginning.

Beginning:
Mab, the Queen of Air and Darkness, monarch of the Winter Court of the Sidhe, has unique ideas regarding physical therapy.
Friday 56:
I'd misjudged. He was moving so fast that all I got was motion blur, and he hadn't swept the silk tie at my neck—he'd aimed for my upraised left hand. The silk snaked around my wrist, and I caught it in my hand just in time for him to slip to one side, dragging my arm in close to his body.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to discover your blog Kathy. Thanks for sharing the opening of this story. I hope you enjoy this book.
    Here's mine http://thelittlereaderlibrary.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/book-beginnings-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what kind of physical therapy she knows.

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it's filled with action!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beginning is interesting when you read it in juxtaposition with the cover. "Queen of Air and Darkness" and a man in a duster and cowboy hat with a shotgun in his hand.... :-)

    Here's my Friday Memes.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!