Monday, June 3, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 3, 2013)


It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Here is what I read last week:
Aberration by Lisa Regan was an interesting thriller that is told from the viewpoint of FBI Agent Kassidy Bishop and from the viewpoint of the serial killer who is fixated on her. It was nice and twisty. My review will be posted on June 6.

Wolf With Benefits by Shelly Laurenston was a humorous paranormal romance filled with quirky characters. This story brought back a number of characters from earlier Laurenston books and the whole crew got involved in all sorts of events. My review will be posted on June 8.
Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox is hard to describe. This YA book takes place on an alternate Earth which shares many historical events but has magic. The book had a very slow beginning but ended up keeping my attention even though I didn't really understand all the magic. My review will be posted on June 6 for this June 11 release.

The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry will also be released on June 11. This was a fast-paced thriller about a girl who is on the run from people who want to kill her. She has lost her memory and must decide who she can trust. My review will be posted on June 8.

Currently:
I am currently reading The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke. I got this eARC from NetGalley. I chose this fantasy title because I read and enjoyed the first book in the series—The Assassin's Curse. The book will be released on June 18.

Next Week:
I chose these two from my TBR mountain.

Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts is romantic suspense. I think of Nora Roberts as a comfort read which is just what I am looking for during our busy last week of school. 

Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson should also be fun. It is a werewolf story.
I chose one YA from my stack and one review book for this week. 

The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson has been on my TBR stack since Sept. 2011. It is described as a paranormal thriller and sounds good. 

I also have Ink by Amanda Sun from NetGalley. This book will be released on June 25. It is also a paranormal and is set in Japan. 

I don't have anything on the calendar this week except surviving the last week of school with students. I have lots of organizing to do and reports to write. 

What do you have planned?

16 comments:

  1. The new April Henry book is on my list this week, glad to hear you enjoyed it. Nora Roberts is one of my go to comfort reads too.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning on reading Ink too


    Wishing you a fabulous reading week
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts. I love her fat books. I've read The Reef and a few others by her.I like the title of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen Ink of a few blogs this morning :) I hope you enjoy it!

    Have a great week of reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting list of books -- and some really great covers! I'm putting the Nora Roberts book on my wish list -- I've never read anything by her, and I usually love anything with "beach" in the title!

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen Ink a couple times, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you have some good books lined up. Have a fab week! See what I'm reading here.
    Tasha @ A Trillian Books xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't think I've read that Nora Roberts so I need to check that one out as I've read most of her other stuff. I find her quick and easy to read. The Pirates Wish looks good as does The Girl who was supposed to die, both of those I'll check into thank you. Have a good reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh nice! I loooved Full Blooded and The Name of the Star as well! Both awesome reads! The rest are new to me so I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should consider a comfort read during this last week of school here too. If it tells you how crazed and scattered I am, I didn't even think of it until I read your comment about the Nora Roberts. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read any of these but am going to have to check some of them out! Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great week reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard the new Nora Roberts book is a little edgy-er than her other books. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Name of the Star has been on my TBR forever, too. SO MANY people love it and say it is one of their favorites. I actually won a signed copy a while back, but I let someone else borrow it before I read it and never got it back :/

    Also, Ink sounds super cool.

    Happy reading!

    ~ Gabbi
    My Monday post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the cover of Mortal Fire. I'm reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ink sounds very interesting...I think I'll put that on my TBR. Hope it's not too Y/Aish. Though some of the Y/A I've read recently is pretty darned good. :)

    I've also been thinking about reading Amanda Carlson. The series looks like it might be a fun one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Pirates Wish looks Really good. Hope you like it!
    my Monday post

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!