Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh. This is the twelfth book in her Psy-Changeling series. Here is the description:
Step into New York Times bestseller Nalini Singh’s explosive and shockingly passionate Psy-Changeling world…

A dangerous, volatile rebel, hands stained bloodred.

A woman whose very existence has been erased.

A love story so dark, it may shatter the world itself.

A deadly price that must be paid.

The day of reckoning is here.

From “the alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklist) comes the most highly anticipated novel of her career—one that blurs the line between madness and genius, between subjugation and liberation, between the living and the dead.
Teaser:
He had never tasted the sweet liquid himself, but he'd done his research on sensations and tastes that were considered to offer "comfort" in the emotional races. Given the current state of mind and physical health of the woman who sat in the sunshine, such items might be effective in breaching the wall of her distrust.

18 comments:

  1. Wow, that is such an interesting teaser, thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow really cool teaser. Thanks for stopping by my site earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished Heart of Obsidian. Reading the teaser made me want to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting teaser! Made me want to read more. Thanks for sharing and stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's really intriguing!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i like that one.. interesting teaser .. and thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hadn't heard of this one, I think I'll check it out!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh nice tease! Been seeing a lot of this one!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome teaser! Can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, wonder what the liquid is for. Thank you!

    I too have a teaser up, if you'd like to stop by:
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/06/teaser-tuesday-167.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds really good. I've been wanting to read this author for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been hearing great things about this series. I will have to start it soon, though there are so many books (12 so far), it is a bit scary :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this teaser! Sounds like a great read! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice tease! Sounds a little sinister! Love it!

    Denise @ Life With No Plot

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard great things about this author. I liked the teaser. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!