Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Memes: Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week I dug into my TBR mountain and pulled out Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson. I added it to my stack on Sept. 18, 2012. I chose it because I like books about werewolves and it is supposed to be like books by Kelley Armstrong and Patricia Briggs who happen to rank high among my favorite authors. Here is the description:
t's not easy being a girl. It's even harder when you're the only girl in a family of werewolves. But it's next to impossible when your very existence spells out the doom of your race... Meet Jessica McClain -- she just became part of the pack.

In the vein of Kelley Armstrong and Patricia Briggs, a new urban fantasy that rewrites the werewolf myth...
Beginning:
I drew in a ragged breath and tried hard to surface from one hell of a nightmare.
Friday 56:
He wasn't buying any of it, but I didn't have much choice. Telling the truth was not an option and I had no other alibi at this point.

4 comments:

  1. That opener seems familiar...like I have awakened just like that...but probably not from the same kinds of dreams....this one sounds enticing.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. That opening makes it sounds scarily promising, and the 56 is quite intriguing!!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the beginning is great.. and the 56 too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy that is my kind of book! I had not heard of it before but it has now been added from your TBR to my TBR. lol

    Come on by Harlie's Books and check out our Friday 56 and Book Beginning!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!