Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday Memes: Gone for You by Jayne Frost

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Gone for You by Jayne Frost. This is a contemporary romance and part of the Sixth Street Bands series. Here is the description from Amazon:
As the guitarist for the rock band Caged, I know the rules: no relationships. No complications. Leave ‘em smiling when you go, but always go. Besides, it’s not like I’m ever in one place for more than a few days at a time. As the next hottest thing out of Austin, the band and I are riding the wave, and the music is all that matters.

Until her…

Lily Tennison has “complication” written across her beautiful face. But I can’t get involved. The timing’s all wrong. But she’s under my skin, and I can’t resist her troubled eyes and sweet smile. And I do have a little time to kill. Not much, just a few days in Dallas.

So I’ll scratch the itch and move on, like I always do.

Simple, right?

Note: You won't need to turn up the heat—Sixth Street Bands Romances have plenty of steamy fun. This story can be read as a stand-alone but is part of the Sixth Street Bands music scene.
Beginning:
My knee bounced up and down nervously as the cab inched along in the heavy afternoon traffic on I35. Pulling out my cell phone, I hit redial.
Friday 56:
"It was nice meeting you, Cameron." Greg clapped me on the back. "I'm sure I'll see you before you leave."

"Sure. Thanks," I said, my eyes on Lily the whole time.

12 comments:

  1. I love how these characters are always determined to keep things simple...until they can't. Best laid plans and all. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “IT’S YOU”

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like an interesting read. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book popping up a lot lately... not my usual style but it sounds like it could be a fun read. I can't decide if the girl on the cover is real or not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a series that readers can get easily lost in. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds good. I want to get back to reading romances. I've been reading mainly mysteries but I need a change of pace and this sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah, it never stays simple. There's always a complication. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun looking cover! I like romance in a story but I tend to have a hard time when that is the main focus of the story. Happy Friday!
    Here is my Friday 56:
    http://missdothacker.blogspot.com/2015/07/friday-56-angelbound-angelbound-origins.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun romantic read, perfect for summer. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds interesting. Hope you are enjoying it . Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds interesting. Hope you are enjoying it . Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like opposites attracting, in that 56! LOL
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I'm so behind on visiting everyone! This one sounds so boy bandish that I'd probably pass ... though it sounds like something I can pass on to a teenager!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!