Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Bronze Gods by A. A. Aguirre

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Are you asking about my financial status?" the choreographer asked.

"You don't have to answer their questions." The words came in a deep, near-strangled growl from the shadows in the doorway.
This week my teaser comes from Bronze Gods by A. A. Aguirre. This is a steampunk fantasywritten by Ann Aguirre and her husband. Here is the description from Amazon:
Danger stalks the city of steam and shadows.

Janus Mikani and Celeste Ritsuko work all hours in the Criminal Investigation Division, keeping citizens safe. He’s a charming rogue with an uncanny sixth sense; she’s all logic—and the division’s first female inspector. Between his instincts and her brains, they collar more criminals than any other partnership in the CID.

Then they’re assigned a potentially volatile case in which one misstep could end their careers. At first, the search for a missing heiress seems straightforward, but when the girl is found murdered—her body charred to cinders—Mikani and Ritsuko’s modus operandi is challenged as never before. It soon becomes clear the bogeyman has stepped out of nightmares to stalk gaslit streets, and it’s up to them to hunt him down. There’s a madman on the loose, weaving blood and magic in an intricate, lethal ritual that could mean the end of everything…

7 comments:

  1. Good choice this week, Kathy! I like some steampunk with my summer heat wave. LOL I want to know who's growling. Like him already:)
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/14/teaser-tuesdays-122-below-the-water-line/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I can't wait to read the reviews.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read this and loved it. Hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great choice. I've only read Ann's new adult books but this sounds interesting. My teasers are here: http://bit.ly/1fGmVwP

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is on TBR list.

    mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/07/13/teaser-tuesday-diplomatic-immunity/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curious.... why they would need to know that info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann Aguirre is one of my favorite authors, and your teaser is very intriguing, Kathy. I'll be on the lookout for your review!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!