Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday Memes: Silver Mirrors by A. A. Aguirre

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Silver Mirrors by A. A. Aguirre. It is the second book in the Apparatus Infernum series. These are steampunk mysteries. Here is the description from Amazon:
As powerful magic comes creeping back, dangerous days are dawning…

Criminal Investigation Division inspectors Janus Mikani and Celeste Ritsuko were lucky to make it out of their last mission alive. Since then, strange troubles have plagued the city of steam and shadows, apparently as a result of magic released during the CID inspectors’ desperate interruption of an ancient ritual. The fabric of the world has been unsettled, and the Council has assigned Mikani and Ritsuko to investigate.

They soon discover that matters are worse than they imagined. Machines have developed minds of their own, cragger pirates are raiding the seas with relentless aggression, and mad elementals are running amok. As the chaos builds to a crescendo, Mikani and Ritsuko must fight a war on two fronts—and this time, they may not be able to turn the deadly tide…
Beginning:
One month ago, the world nearly ended.
Friday 56: 
From what he recalled, Ritsuko's grandfather had died before they met, and she'd been orphaned when she was a baby. Any extended family disapproved of her since she'd chosen to handfast in place of permanent bond with Warren, and when she dissolved that arrangement without settling and having children, their displeasure deepened to near ostracism. Little wonder she preferred the boardinghouse near Central.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good series--enjoy!

    My Friday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2015/07/friday-focus-friday-56-book-beginnings_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good beginning.

    I don't think I would enjoy this book, though.

    It is out of the genres that I read, but thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog.

    ENJOY your weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 56 is intriguing. She definitely sounds like a strong character. Enjoy the read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious about steampunk...and this one does sound intriguing. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this series and hope for more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read any steampunk so thanks for highlighting this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm starting to get into steampunk. Might have the check this one out Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that beginning.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the beginning sentence. I actually have the first book somewhere in my TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like fun- I need to break into the steampunk books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To my knowledge I've read only one series in the steampunk genre so this sounds different to me! I hope you're having fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an awesome series! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!