Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
Vasic hadn't said anything but he hoped that his friend would find with Zaira what Vasic had found with Ivy. He wanted that for Aden, wanted him to know what it was to find home in his lover's eyes. 
This week my teaser comes from Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh. This is book 14 in her Psy/Changeling series. I have been reading this series since it began. Here is the description from Amazon:
The “smoldering heat, epic romance, and awesome action”* of Nalini Singh’s New York Timesbestselling series continues as two Arrows find themselves caught in a chilling conspiracy that spans all three races…

Awakening wounded in a darkened cell, their psychic abilities blocked, Aden and Zaira know they must escape. But when the lethal soldiers break free from their mysterious prison, they find themselves in a harsh, inhospitable landscape far from civilization. Their only hope for survival is to make it to the hidden home of a predatory changeling pack that doesn’t welcome outsiders.

And they must survive. A shadowy enemy has put a target on the back of the Arrow squad, an enemy that cannot be permitted to succeed in its deadly campaign. Aden will cross any line to keep his people safe for this new future, where even an assassin might have hope of a life beyond blood and death and pain. Zaira has no such hope. She knows she’s too damaged to return from the abyss. Her driving goal is to protect Aden, protect the only person who has ever come back for her no matter what. This time, even Aden’s passionate determination may not be enough—because the emotionless chill of Silence existed for a reason. For the violent, and the insane, and the irreparably broken…like Zaira.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds intense! I like the image of "home in his lover's eyes." Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “WATERMELON”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that teaser and am really curious about this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Nalini Singh! My favourite books of her Psy/Changeling series are Kiss of Snow and Caressed by Ice :)
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh nice tease! Never read this series but love her Guild Hunters one!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to read this series but I'm so far behind and have so many others to finish. Looks so good!

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/07/teaser-tuesdays-121-morrigans-shadow/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love this series, but unlike you I came to it later and read right through until last years one I think. Good on you for highlighting it on this meme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book!

    mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/07/06/teaser-tuesday-stories-of-the-raksura-volume-2/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of finding going on! Hope it all works out for them in the end :D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!