Friday, July 10, 2015

Friday Memes: The Master Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting The Master Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg. This is the third book in the Paper Magician series. I just discovered these this year. Here is the description from Amazon:
Throughout her studies, Ceony Twill has harbored a secret, one she’s kept from even her mentor, Emery Thane. She’s discovered how to practice forms of magic other than her own—an ability long thought impossible.

While all seems set for Ceony to complete her apprenticeship and pass her upcoming final magician’s exam, life quickly becomes complicated. To avoid favoritism, Emery sends her to another paper magician for testing, a Folder who despises Emery and cares even less for his apprentice. To make matters worse, a murderous criminal from Ceony’s past escapes imprisonment. Now she must track the power-hungry convict across England before he can take his revenge. With her life and loved ones hanging in the balance, Ceony must face a criminal who wields the one magic that she does not, and it may prove more powerful than all her skills combined.

The whimsical and captivating follow-up to The Paper Magician and The Glass MagicianThe Master Magician will enchant readers of all ages.
Beginning:
Ceony, wearing her red apprentice's apron over a ruffled blouse and plain brown skirt, stood on her tiptoes on a three-legged stool and stuck a square of white paper against the east wall of the Holloways' living room, right where the wall met the ceiling.
Friday 56:
"Criminy, Ceony, it's like shagging the principal," her sister's voice intruded on her thoughts. "Isn't he a divorcé?"

17 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting and intense. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great weekend and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very interesting snippet and I'm intrigued with the idea of a paper magician. I love the silhouette cover art, too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to read this series but I've never got round to it.
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the expressions in the 56! Thanks for sharing and enjoy. Here's mine: “THE PERFECT SON”

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this book before. The cover is neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good! Fun how different it is from my book. That's why I love these Memes. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really good! Fun how different it is from my book. That's why I love these Memes. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh, I've heard really good things about this series. I hope you're enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard a lot about this series, mostly good. I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog! This series sounds amazing, I have no clue how I have not heard of it before. I will totally be checking it out! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Freda! LOLAnd I love the noirish cover art.
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/10/the-friday-56-68-for-nick-by-taylor-dean/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not read any of this series. Wish my TBR pile was not so large. I am trying hard to limit what I add.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Descriptive beginning. I hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reminds me of somewhat of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell! Hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to read this series! It sounds amazing. :)

    Check out my 56 (With Book Beginnings) and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the sound of this series--thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!