Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Nine Lives by Wendy Corsi Staub

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
In the back seat, Chance is curled up on Max's lap again. They're such a contented pair that Bella aches every time she glances into the rearview mirror.
This week my teaser comes from Nine Lives: A Lily Dale Mystery by Wendy Corsi Staub. I got this eARC for review from NetGalley. Here is the description of this cozy mystery:
After the death of her husband, Bella Jordan and her son need a fresh start. But on their way to stay with family in Chicago, a storm forces them to spend the night in Lily Dale, New York.

Brimming with psychics and mediums, Lily Dale is just the kind of quirky little town Bella's late husband always talked about settling down in. So when she's asked to step in for the local hotel owner, who recently passed away, Bella agrees to step in and help temporarily.

But for Bella, finding a home means finding danger, too. Leona was murdered, and it's up to Bella to track down the killer before her new home comes crashing down in bestseller Wendy Corsi Staub’s warm and witty series debut.

9 comments:

  1. Awww, nice teaser -- but the book sounds spooky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read another book by this author (Blood Red), so this one has been on my radar. I love a good mystery.

    Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “A PLACE WE KNEW WELL”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to read something by this author for some time. This really does sound good! I will have to look for it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a book I'd love. I'm adding it to my TBR list.
    My Tuesday post features In His Arms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got this one on my TBR list. It sounds potentially spooky. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good book for this month! I hope you enjoy it, great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had a Homeward Bound moment with Chance! Chance just sounds like an animal. Though I feel like it's cat with the curling up on Max's lap! LOL!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read almost all the adult books by this author (read her for many many years) and just finished Blood Red by her, so yes I would definitely read this one!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!