Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Thirty and a Half Excuses by Denise Grover Swank

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
"Why didn't you call the police?"

"You know very well why. The same reason I called you this afternoon: they hate me. And not only do they hate me, but they usually try to pin whatever's going wrong in this town on me."
This week my teaser comes from Thirty and a Half Excuses by Denise Grover Swank. This is the third book in the Rose Gardner mystery series. I got a finished hardcover for review from Crooked Lane Books. It will be released on October 13. Here is the description from Amazon:
Life is turned upside down in Denise Grover Swank's New York Times and USA Today bestselling series.

Henryetta is full of gossip about the arrival of a controversial televangelist, but it's the death of a little old lady on Rose's street that catches her attention. The local police deem her death to be of natural causes, but Rose suspects foul spay and so does an unlikely supporter--the president of the Busy Body Club, her eighty-two-year-old neighbor Mildred.

But Rose is in the middle of opening her nursery with her sister Violet, as well as stalling her boyfriend Joe's family of rich socialites who are determined to meet her. Add in far too many encounters with Fenton County's new assistant DA, Mason Deveraux III, and it's just another day in the life of Rose Gardner--complete chaos.

8 comments:

  1. I understand complete chaos. Interesting tease. Here's mine: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-X7

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bookmarked this one on Amazon...it looks like a book I'd enjoy. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE LAKE HOUSE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh wonder what happened between them in the past that they police hate him/her!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent teaser! Haven't heard of this series before, but I think I really need to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a fun story. Always looking for more of those.

    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/10/06/teaser-tuesdays-131-all-the-wrong-ways/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. Hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun series! I'll have to add it to my never-ending TBR :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!