Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Memes: Can't Buy Me Love by Molly O'Keefe



Happy Friday everybody!

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week.


Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.


This week a review book from Amazon Vine is at the top of my stack. Can't Buy Me Love by Molly O'Keefe is a contemporary romance. Here is the description:
In Molly O’Keefe’s captivating new contemporary romance, a woman with a past and a man without a future struggle to find a place where they belong.

A girl from the wrong side of the tracks, Tara Jean Sweet knows that opportunity will never knock; she’ll have to seize it. Elderly Texas rancher Lyle Baker has a dying request: He will give Tara Jean a stake in his leather business in exchange for a little family subterfuge. All Tara Jean has to do is play the part of a gold-digging fiancĂ©e to lure Lyle’s estranged children home. The mission is soon accomplished.

Now Lyle’s gone—and his ridiculously handsome son, Luc, an ice hockey superstar sidelined by injuries, is the new owner of Crooked Creek ranch. He’s also Tara Jean’s boss. But being so close to sinfully sweet Tara Jean does crazy things to Luc’s priorities, like make him want to pry her deepest secrets from those irresistible lips. But when Tara Jean’s past demands a dirty showdown, will Luc stay and fight?
Beginning:
This was not how Tara Jean Sweet imagined her engagement.
Friday 56:
But the volcano of his anger was exploding with nowhere to go. The headache that pulsed behind his eyes splintered and fractured, slicing through his whole body. 
This book will be published on June 26. It is coming at just the right time for me. I am in the mood for a good romance.

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great romance book. Of course, it reminds me of the 80's movie, Can't Buy Me Love. Great movie if you haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to win an advanced copy of this book though I haven't had a chance to read it yet. It really does sound like a fun read.

    Here's my Friday Meme Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I'm not sure a man with a six-pack was what the Beatles had in mind when they wrote their song. I like the protagonist's name.

    Here's my Book Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a volcano anger. whoa, to explosive for me, i might have to act like Annie (in the song,movie) lol
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't stop singing the Beatles now... lol... my age is hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The opening sentence doesn't grab me so much, but that headache description sure does! Ouch!

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a fun, summer read...hope you are enjoying it!

    Here's my Book Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!