Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (June 17, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews is starting a new meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. She explains at her site. She also does a very nice vlog each week showing her books.


I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will also discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.


I think I am going to call this one the review book edition. I am trying to read some of the books I already have and did succeed in not buying any more books this week. However, six books still got added to my TBR mountain.
A very nice publicist from Dutton contacted me and asked if I would be interested in reading Ransom River by Meg Gardiner. I like mysteries and romantic suspense and thought this one sounded really good. I was surprised to get a finished copy in the mail this week. I moved it to the top of my review stack because it will be  published on July 5.

James R. Tuck also send me eARCs for his next two releases from Kensington. I had previously read and reviewed his debut urban fantasy - Blood and Bullets. Spider's Lullaby is an eNovella. This 79 page story tells about one case that Deacon Chalk works wherein a were-spider's egg sack is stolen on the verge of hatching and a friend of Deacon's who was egg-sack sitting was kidnapped to provide the spiders' first meal. It is a good introduction to this new urban fantasy series. This one will be available on June 26.
Mr. Tuck also sent me the eARC for his next full length release - Blood and Silver. This urban fantasy series is somewhat unusual in that the main character is a man. It will be released on August 1.

William F. Brown also send me a copy of Thursday at Noon for my Kindle. This thriller was originally published in hardcover in 1989 and has just been released as an ebook. I am a fan of thrillers and liked the other books he sent me to read - The Undertaker and Amongst My Enemies.
When I found out that NetGalley had Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness, I had to go there to see if I would be approved to read it. I loved A Discovery of Witches but hated that it had a cliff-hanger ending. I can finally see what happens next. This book will be released on July 10.

Finally on this list (but actually the first book I got this week) is The Hunter and the Hunted by Kelley Armstrong. This is an ebook exclusive that contains two short stories in her Women of the Otherworld series and the first five chapters of the final book in the series. It is a great way to fill the time until the final Women of the Otherworld book comes out in July. Again, I have a publicist at Dutton to thank for this lovely book.

That was my week. What did you add to your stack?


10 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I got The Hunter and The Hunted too! I paid for it though! But Kelley had a special promo going for it that if you bought it and were in the first 1000 people to email her the receipt you get this wicked awesome bookmark and I really liked it! So I bought the ebook to get the bookmark!

    I'm a little weird!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shadow of Night has some mixed reviews so far. I read it and loved it. It is not quite the cliff hanger the first one was but it is typical of a middle book in a trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books! I am in the middle of Shadow of Night now and loving it!!

    Thanks for stopping by my Added to the Bookshelf Post.

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting choices. These all look interesting.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books. I've read Meg Gardiner's Dirty Secrets Club and really enjoyed it. I'd like to continue the series when I get a chance.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome books!! love the suspense books. thanks for stopping by our new books post.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of these books but they look like good books at first glance, so I hope you enjoy!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got an awesome mix of books this week! I'm excited for Shadow of Night too! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul! I got The Hunter and the Hunted too! Loved the short stories, and Thirteen sounds awesome! Have to admit that the cover for Spider's Lullaby is very creepy. *shudder*

    Here are my books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait to get my hands on Shadow of Night myself! I'm not familiar with the others, but they do sounds interesting.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!