Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Memes: Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh


Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week.

Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh was released on May 29 and immediately jumped to the top of my TBR stack. I am a huge fan of Singh's Psy-Changeling series and couldn't wait to find out what would happen in this episode. Here is the description that had me waiting anxiously for the UPS guy:
Adria, wolf changeling and resilient soldier, has made a break with the past--one as unpredictable in love as it was in war. Now comes a new territory, and a devastating new complication: Riaz, a SnowDancer lieutenant already sworn to a desperate woman who belongs to another.

For Riaz, the primal attraction he feels for Adria is a staggering betrayal. For Adria, his dangerous lone-wolf appeal is beyond sexual. It consumes her. It terrifies her. It threatens to undermine everything she has built of her new life. But fighting their wild compulsion toward one another proves a losing battle.

Their coming together is an inferno...and a melding of two wounded souls who promise each other no commitment, no ties, no bonds. Only pleasure. Too late, they realize that they have more to lose than they ever imagined. Drawn into a cataclysmic Psy war that may alter the fate of the world itself, they must make a decision that might just break them both.
Beginning:
Riaz caught a flash of midnight hair and a long-legged stride and called out, "Indigo!" However, he realized his mistake the instant he turned the corner. "Adria."

Eyes of the deepest blue-violet met his, the frost in them threatening to give him hypothermia. "Indigo's in her office." The words were helpful, but the tone might as well have been a serrated blade.

This is a little long but it really does set the scene pretty well though we don't know why Adria is so icy to Riaz.

Friday 56:
Sienna laughed, more comfortable with Adria than she usually was with people she didn't know well. And it wasn't because the senior soldier shared a strong family resemblance with the Riviere women, all of whom Sienna trusted. The truth was, Adria reminded Sienna most of Riley.

They both had the same quiet, unflashy confidence intertwined with an earthy warmth, the same sense of being a rock in the storm.

10 comments:

  1. Never heard of Nalini Singh. I'll keep an eye out for him next time I'm shopping for books.

    Here's my Book Beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very descriptive excerpts...I like that. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes sense that someone named Indigo might have midnight hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this author personally or through friends. See why mess with someone else love. anyway, love the name Indigo and it goes with the blue eyes. I have a cafe name Indigo.
    http://sidnereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a good, thoughtful book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting! I too wonder why she is so icy towards him. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beginning draws you right in and you want to find out the reasons why Adria feels that way. Great choice, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the book, hated the cover. I just hope she does not stop the series anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the excerpt on page 56. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!