Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I was in the mood for a nice sports romance and so I chose Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton. This is the third book in her Play-by-play series and features Jenna Riley. Jenna has grown up surrounded by sports. Her family owns a sports bar and she runs it. Her oldest brother is a professional football player, Her other brother plays professional baseball. The last thing she wants is to start a romance with a jock. Professional hockey player Ty Anderson wants to convince her to change her mind about dating athletes. Or, at least, change her mind about dating him. The other romances in this series have been both spicy and very romantic. This one should be the same.

Teaser:
"How do women walk in these things?"

"It's in our genetics. It's why women are the master species. We give birth and we can walk in heels."

18 comments:

  1. Ha!! That's pretty funny! Getting an image in my head too!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious teaser! My, I've never seen a hockey player that looks like that. Makes me want to watch the Stanley Cup finals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv it! Had to laugh. We are the master species because.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Definitely sounds like something that could be true...lol

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! So true. Guys have NO idea... ;) LOL

    Thanks so much for visiting my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the teaser! And, um, the cover. Quite a bit. ;-)

    Thanks for commenting on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny ... thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL so true, coming from a chick who loves her heels and has had 2 babies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol...could not agree with that sentence more!
    Thanks for visiting my blog early

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, I don't know about it being in our genes. I can barely manage heels hahaha. Great teaser though, it made me giggle :). Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!! I love the teaser. I've read The Perfect Play and loved it. I really need to read the rest of this series! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog earlier!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! I wholeheartedly agree! XD

    LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cover certainly says spicy. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, that is true. Hot torso on the cover too. Good reason to keep it on the shelf. Here's Mine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to agree with that! lol
    Oh and the cover is awesome. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL love it! Although, I can't walk in anything except sneakers, so I'm not sure what that says about me lol.

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That sounds like such a cute read!

    Thanks for stopping by my Teaser Tuesdays Post.

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  18. Agreed, women are all kinds of awesome. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!