Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Memes: Silver by Rhiannon Held



Happy Friday everybody!

Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week.


Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.



I am reading Silver by Rhiannon Held. I chose it because I am a fan of books about werewolves. I got this ARC from the Amazon Vine program. Here is the description:


Andrew Dare is a werewolf. He’s the enforcer for the Roanoke pack, and responsible for capturing or killing any Were intruders in Roanoke’s territory. But the lone Were he’s tracking doesn’t smell or act like anyone he’s ever encountered. And when he catches her, it doesn’t get any better. She’s beautiful, she’s crazy, and someone has tortured her by injecting silver into her veins. She says her name is Silver, and that she’s lost her wild self and can’t shift any more.

The packs in North America have a live-and-let-live attitude, and try not to overlap with each other. But Silver represents a terrible threat to every Were on the continent. 

Andrew and Silver will join forces to track down this menace while discovering their own power and their passion for each other.

Beginning:
The lone werewolf smelled like silver and pain. Or maybe it wasn't pain, maybe it was fear. 
Friday 56:
Sarah slipped past Laurence without any apparent qualms about how close it brought her to him. He was properly pack and thus not a threat, Andrew assumed. Lucky him.


7 comments:

  1. I love that cover...and the snippets grabbed me...

    Thanks for sharing, and enjoy!

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is really nice and there is just something about wolves that fascinates me! Hop on over if you have the time:
    http://universeinwords.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/i-have-friday-on-my-mind.html
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got that one from Vine and have a review that will be posted tomorrow. Wonder how you like it? Here is my post: Book Beginnings

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice shiver opening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard Rhiannon Held read from the first chapter at Norwescon in Seattle. I have a picture of her in period dress (unrelated to the novel) at

    http://suburbanfantasy.blogspot.com/2012/04/norwescon-iii-professional-help-and.html

    She's an archaeologist in her day job.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!