Sunday, June 3, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (June 4, 2012)


It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.



I got a lot of reading done this week. Memorial Day was a great reading day for me.
Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh is the eleventh book in the her Psy-Changeling series. It was a nice secy and angst-filled romance and also gave us a chance to catch up with couples from previous books. My review will be posted on June 16.

Moonlight Secrets by Lisa Tyler was a 14 page story sent to my by the author. The fact that it had werewolves convinced me to read it but I found a couple of things that I just didn't like about the story. I didn't like that the female main character lied to the male main character. I also didn't like the idea that she would have hot sex with him and he wouldn't remember a thing about it. I will not be doing a review post for this one.
Consent to Love by Abby Wood was an erotic romance from Carina Press that I got for review from NetGalley. This was erotic romance done right. The plot was much more than an excuse for a string of erotic scenes. My review will be posted on June 13.

Pie by Sarah Weeks was a middle grade story and will be among the choices for the first month of the Mother Daughter Book Club. I thought the story was well-written and heart-warming. My review will be posted on June 16.
The Boy on Cinnamon Street by Phoebe Stone is another Mother Daughter Book Club pick. This is a middle grade contemporary story about a girl adjusting to a devastating loss and dealing with her first crush. The author has the seventh grade voice pitch perfect. My review will be posted on June 11.

Taking a Shot by Jaci Burton is the third book in this series and follows the lives of the Riley kids as they find the loves of their lives. This one focuses on the only daughter Jenna and her disinclination to have anything to do with sports which makes it hard for hockey star Ty Anderson to have a romance with her. My review will be posted on June 14.
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown is a mermaid story about revenge that is also a love story. I got this eARC from NetGalley for review. My review will be posted on June 9 since the book will be released on June 12.

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead has been sitting on my TBR mountain since it was released last August. I loved it. On one hand, I am kicking myself for letting it sit so long. On the other hand, now I am ready for the sequel which will be released on June 12. My review will be posted on June 14.

I am currently reading Icon by J. Carson Black which is an ARC I got through Amazon Vine. It is a thriller about a plot to kill a famous movie star in order to cash in on his fame. I am enjoying it but find the shifting viewpoint a little distancing.

Next week will be a busy one with meetings and long days as I wrap up the school year. I also have to pack and get organized to move to my summer home. I will be driving almost all day on Friday. Consequently, I don't expect to get much reading done. I do have these three books ready if I have some reading time.
The Calling by Kelley Armstrong is off my YA TBR mountain. I read about it on someone's new book post this week and decided I wanted to read it.

 Can't Buy Me Love by Molly O'Keefe is a romance I got from Amazon Vine. It will be published on June 26 and is the next one on the adult review stack.

Secret Letters by Leah Scheier is a YA review book that I got from NetGally that is also a June 26 release. It is an historical mystery.

That is my week. Next time I update I should be settled into my summer home and be settling into vacation mode. What is your week looking like?

7 comments:

  1. OOoh nice books!! Lies Beneath has been getting some good reviews! Hope you liked it too!! Can't wait for Richelle's next book! And I absolutely love Kelley's books!

    Happy Reading!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your reads! I'm curious about Lies Beneath....

    Have a great week....and here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking A Shot was awesome! :) I looooove me some Jaci Burton. She's fab. :) Now I sound like a fan girl, ha!

    Happy reading this week :)
    What are YOU reading??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read Lies Beneath.
    Hope you enjoy your books this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that's a nice group of books!
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great week you had, I'm so jealous! Secret Letters really looks lovely :)

    Good luck with wrapping up school and packing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read Secret Letters! Hope you enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!