Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Memes: Spider's Lullaby by James R. Tuck


Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week.


Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Spider's Lullaby: a Deacon Chalk E-Novella by James R. Tuck is a recent arrival in my email. I had read Blood and Bullets which I found to be an interesting new urban fantasy novel. It is unusual in having a male main character. Mr. Tuck has also sent me the next Deacon Chalk novel - Blood and Silver - which will be released on August 7.


Here is the description for Spider's Lullaby:
He lives to kill monsters. He keeps his city safe. And his silver hollow-points and back-from-the-dead abilities take out any kind of unnatural threat. But between this bad-ass bounty hunter and rescuing the most helpless of victims stands the one evil he can’t defeat…

For Deacon Chalk, loyalty is worth dying for. And now that something has taken were-spider Charlotte’s un-hatched children and one of his closest friends, he’ll tear up the human and supernatural underworlds to find them. But with his allies stripped away by an invincible Yakuza hit man and time running out, Deacon must face down the most ancient of demonic entities. And his last hope means surrendering to the inner darkness waiting hungrily to consume him …
Beginning:
Charlotte's front door was open.
A werespider named Charlotte? How ironic!

Friday 56 (taken from the 20% mark of this ebook):
The person who took her had no idea the wrath that I was going to rain down upon them if she was hurt in any way. 
Yes, he really talks and thinks like that.

4 comments:

  1. This one sounds confusing. I like your other Book Beginning better.

    Here's my Book Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's confusing about a door being open?
    I think it adds to the suspense when you read both the beginning and 56!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unhatched spider children? Wow, this does sound intense. And that's quite an impressive way of making your anger known! Thanks for sharing, even though the cover freaks me out XD!
    My FF
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both lines. thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!