Sunday, June 24, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (June 24, 2012)



Tynga of Tynga's Reviews is starting a new meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. She explains at her site. She also does a very nice vlog each week showing her books.


I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will also discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.


I added six books to my stack this week. I bought three, downloaded two free audiobooks, and was sent one by a publicist at Dutton. Here is what I got. All links go to Amazon where you can find descriptions and purchasing options.
I took advantage of the SYNC Audiobooks free offers this week. They are giving away a young adult book and a companion adult book each week all summer. I listed the young adult books on by Stacking the Shelves post for Ms. Martin Teaches Media. 

I got Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen and The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. You can see what will be available each week here. Sense and Sensibility will still be available for download until June 27.
I am in the mood for some "beach reads" and chose to buy these two romances for my Kindle after I saw brief descriptions of them on someone's blog. Hey, Minnesota hasn't been that warm and I am looking for some heat!
Anything for You by Sarah Mayberry
All Over You by Sarah Mayberry
I am such a fan of Lois McMaster Bujold that I would gladly buy anything she writes including her grocery lists! So, when I saw that Baen Books, was offering the eARC of her November release - Captain Vorpatril's Alliance - I had to get a copy immediately. The title link goes to Amazon but I have also included a link for this one at Baen. The late Jim Baen was astonished that fans would pay premium prices for uncorrected proofs in advance of publication but he gladly made them available (and probably chuckled all the way to the bank.)

Finally, I received an advanced ebook copy of Julie Garwood's first romance A Girl Named Summer from a contact at Dutton. It will be available for everyone on June 26. This one also contains a preview of Julie's upcoming release Sweet Talk which is already on my review stack.



Those are the books I added to the stack on my shelves (actually to the queue on my Kindle and my computer) this week. What did you add to your stack?

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing what you get each week. I am trying to decide about the Captain Vorpatril's Alliance. I love her books and have wondered for awhile why Ivan has not had his own books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A variety of books there :) I am interested in the John Steinbeck book, i have only read 'Of mice and men' and i loved that when we had to analyse it for school-amazing! Loving your summer reads, could even be a lil raunchy ;) Happy reading xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!