Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Books at DEHS


A bunch of new books arrived this week at the HS Media and I can't decide what I want to read first.

Some of the books that looked really good to me were:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fittzpatrick
In the Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Intertwined by Gina Showalter
Leviathen by Scott Westerfeld
Million Dollar Throw by Mike Lupica
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Rampant by Diana Peterfreund
The Selected Works of T. S. Spivet by Reif Larsen
Sent by Margaret Peterson Haddix
When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

I had reserves on a bunch of them even before they left the book cart when we stacked them to get them ready for circulation.

I think I have decided on Going Bovine by Libba Bray largely because of this video interview. I just read the first page of the forward and laughed out loud at least three times. But I don't know how she can make a book about a boy dying of mad cow disease funny. I have to find out.




It looks like it will be a fun weekend of reading (after I get my homework done.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!